~٤~

NAEEM.
Algiers, Algeria.

After Aman showed me the mens area I met up with a brother named Abubakr who showed me round the masjid and explained everything I had problems understanding by the time we were done we'd become friends already.

He's a good man Masha Allah, says he got married young and works in a law firm and spends he free time with his family or here in the masjid."But how did you cope, getting married at nineteen sounds like you had too much on your plate" i ask genuinely interested in how he managed it all.

"Well it was too much at first, but then things got better, I was already working with my father on some minor projects of his while still going to university and Alhamdulillah, my wife isn't the type who has too much needs Masha Allah."

"Bye the time I was twenty four, I was done with university and had already secured a good job, and then my wife gave me the most wonderful news, I was going to be a dad. And now at twenty seven I have no regrets." He explains with a smile on his face.

"Allahumma barik, I'm glad things worked out for you" i say sincerely. "Thanks man, just know that when you set your mind on something and pray to Allah for strength and guidance then in shaa Allah things will be alright." He says and I nod agreeing with what he said.

After praying magrib in the masjid i walk back home to break my fast. Aamir called to ask me how everything went and I've never been glad that I agreed to help. The children are all amazing Mashaa Allah.

After dinner i take a quick shower before leaving the house with my father for taraweeh. "Assalamu alaikum Naeem" Aamir greets "waalikumus salam Akhi" i reply hugging him. "Abubakr was telling me you too met, bro likes you already Masha Allah" he chuckles shaking his head making me smile too.

"Alhamdulillah, he's a really good man I enjoyed talking to him too" I say "come meet my father he's been asking about you since you lead the prayers yesterday" he says dragging me towards the parking lot.

"Assalamu alaikum Baba, nice to see you" i greet bowing my head a bit. "Alaikumus salam habibi, come give me a hug it's been long since i've seen you" he smiles opening his arms which I gladly walk into.

We talk some more before Abi starts calling my phone "i have to go my Abi is calling me, i think he's ready to go" i explain. "Say salam to him for me will you?" Oncle Aaban says "in shaa Allah" i reply as I walk towards our car.

On the way home Abi asks me about Aamir and I tell him he's fine. "We should invite them for iftar, I'm sure they'd love to come" he says and I nod.

"Your mom and I spoke earlier and she spoke to me about finding a girl for you, but I wanted to talk to you first." i sigh inwardly and nod "Yes Abi, she has been trying to get me to agree to meet some sisters but I'm not exactly ready for that now." I explain.

"That's fine, I just wanted to let you know that I'm always here and if you do have someone in mind do tell me so we can discuss how to get things done the halal way" he says. "Thanks for understanding Abi."

When we get home i retire early to read a few pages of the Qur'an before bed. And suddenly a certain hijabi pops up in my head. I blink a few times as if that would rid my brain of her.

I don't even know her, well I do know her but not in a way that I'd be interested in getting to know her more. For Allah's sake she's my friends baby sister. I wouldn't want someone to think of my sisters in any manner but here i am thinking of another person's sister.

It's too early for whatever game my head is trying to play. Sighing I close the Qur'an and make du'a for Allah to choose whats best for me then climb my bed to catch up on some sleep before I wake up for sahoor.

Salam lovelies!!
How are you loving the book so far? Let me know in the comments🤍.
Don't forget to vote comment and share 💌.
See you soon in shaa Allah🫂.