~٨~

NAEEM.
Algiers, Algeria.

After Aman leaves I send little Abdullah to go give her a bottle of iced water as that was all I could find. I pass by the women's section so many times today just in case I run into her to know if she's fine and when I don't see her i decided to call her brother to let him know what happened.

"Assalamu alaikum, Aamir?" I greet immediately he picks up "waalikumus salam Akhi, how are you?" "Fine Alhamdulillah you?" I ask "I'm good too Alhamdulillah is everything fine?" He questions "well uhm I just thought to let you know that maybe you should come pick up Aman she hit her head really hard earlier and I haven't seen her since" i explain.

"Lahaula, wallahil Azim this girl is so clumsy and stubborn" he exclaims "it wasn't her fault really" I try to say "you don't know Aman bro it might not be her fault but she's too stubborn to ask for help. I'll be right over ok, Jazakallah khairan" he says. "Wa iyyak" i reply before I end the call.

With my mind now at ease i go back to helping the kids get ready for their Qur'an recitation which is almost due. I see Aamir come in thirty minutes later with his phone to his ear so I refrain myself from going to ask how Aman is doing.

About five minutes later Aman walks out and I can make out from Aamirs stance that he's yelling at her. I pick up my car keys and head over to say bye to the brothers before leaving. I give it a few minutes after I see Aamir and his sister head for the parking lot before I exit the masjid.

Hours later after I come home from the mosque I finally summon the courage to call Aamir to ask him of Aman and how she's coping. When I call and he doesn't pick so i decide to leave him a message.

"Assalamu alaikum Aamir, just wanted to know if you did come to check up on Aman and I hope she's feeling much better, my regards to the whole family. Good night."

I drop my phone and head downstairs for some snacks before I go to bed. I open up the fridge and bring out a chocolate bar. "Baba, I want to talk to you" Mama says from the kitchen door.

"I'll be right there" i reply walking further into the pantry to look for some water I can take back upstairs with me.

"Yes Mama, what do you want to talk about?" I ask as I take a seat close to her. "Your father and I spoke earlier concerning when you are going to bring home someone and I decided to give you time ok, and I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trying to rush you into things" she apologies.

"It's fine mama I know it's coming from a good place ok" i say "and I'll try my best in shaa Allah just give me time" I sigh she nods so I get up and give her a kiss on the forehead.

" I'm off to bed" i say "one more thing" she chimes causing me to pause as I ascend the stairs. "If you do have someone in mind feel free to talk to either your father or me ok?" "In shaa Allah Mama" I nod.

I make my way back up to my room and drop the water on my bedside table my appetite for snacking long gone. I brush my teeth and check my phone for any reply from Aamir when I see none I turn on my alarm before switching off the lights and drifting off. I need my beauty sleep before I wake up for tahajjud.

Assalamu alaikum
So who is your favorite character so far?
Let me know in the comments 🫶🏽.
See you all next week in shaa Allah. And don't forget to vote comment and share.
Much love 💌.