EPILOGUE

While I was typing this chapter the only song playing in my head was Maher Zain's "For the rest of my life" one of my favorites.

AMAN
Algiers, Algeria.
One year later.

I turn my eggs in the pan as I wait for Naeem to come down "Naeem we need to go" I yell or "else we'll be late" I add "give me a minute, I be right down." He yells back.
He comes down and gives me a kiss on the forehead before taking a sit.

"So what is my wife making for us this beautiful morning?" He questions rubbing his hands together "what you eat every other day" i joke keeping his plate in front of him. "Well this looks too good to be eaten Aman, you have got to stop spoiling me" he smirks and i nod my head ignoring him.

I never knew Naeem was such a charmer but it turns out you never know someone until you're married to them.

After eating we exit the house and walk to his car, I'm sure you must be wondering where we are heading early this morning, well I'm going to this book store to sign a few copies of my cookbook. That's right, I published my own cookbook filled with my own recipes.

We arrive on time and I take a sit while people take turns giving me their books to sign I look over at some point and I notice Naeem standing at the far end of the room with a huge smile on his face. When he catches me looking he makes funny faces making me giggle then he mutters a "you're doing great" with a thumbs up and i mouth back a "thank you"

I finish an hour later and we leave together "can I drive please?" I ask "no please" he says opening the passengers door for me "pretty please?" I pout and he looks away "that only works on certain occasions Albi, but not when it comes to risking our lives" he says closing the door after making sure I'm seated properly.

"You just indirectly said you don't trust me" i exclaim "I never said so, I only said I don't think you need to drive right now" he explains turning on the car.

I've had something I've been wanting to tell Naeem for sometime now but i don't know how to say it but after putting a lot of thought into it I've decided to man up and tell him what's been bothering me.

The drive back home is quiet except for the Qur'an recitation playing in the car. We get home thirty minutes later and I'm so exhausted. "Are you tired?" He asks as we head up the stairs "so tired" i yawn.

"Go pray and rest I'll be right back" he says giving me a kiss on the cheek before leaving me in our room. After praying I decide to go downstairs to get some water and I'm met with a surprise. Naeem trying to pin up a sign that says "congratulations"

"What are you doing Naeem?" I ask walking further into the sitting room. "Why are you here?, you should be resting" he says finally pinning up the sign "you ruined the surprise" he sighs coming to hug me placing his chin on my head.

"Does it help if I say I still love it" I tease "don't make worse" he chuckles and we both inhale deeply "I'm so proud of you Aman, I'm glad you went for your passion and did what you do best making me the proudest husband alive. I love you so much and I pray to Allah to continue to bless, protect and guide you. I'm so glad I'm the one that gets to share your achievements with, you've made me a better man in ways you can't think of and I love you more everyday for that."

"Being around you has made me realize a lot of things and how important a lot of things are in life. Just your smile alone is a lot to make someone's days better I know you're tired of hearing this but your hugs are one of the things I love about you, and how much you care about the people around you and also how clumsy you are and how cute you look when you blush and all those little things about you that make you you."

"Congratulations habibi, wishing you all the best." He says pulling away from the hug to see me crying "oh come on Aman, what have I said about crying?" He scolds raising an eyebrow at me while using his thumb to wipe away my tears "I can't help it you're always making me cry with your words ok" I pout and he chuckles dragging me to the table to take a sit.

"Well i can't say I don't like making you speechless but enough with the tears please" he says dragging out a sit for me. "And by the way don't you think you have something overdue that you need to tell me" he asks narrowing his eyes and my heart begins to pound.

This is it, I clear my throat before looking down at my nails "well uhm.. I've been wanting to tell you but didn't know how to please don't be mad I just didn't know how to tell you ok" I emphasize and he nods for me to go on.

"We are going to be parents" i wheeze "and this is were I say I've known for a week now" he says holding onto my hand "what?!.. how?" I ask "I have a sister who has had two kids and a mother who's eyes are as sharp as can be, she knew even before I knew" he explains.

"Well why didn't you say anything?" I exclaim "I thought you wanted some time to process things and be ready before you told me so I was giving you time" he says "oh Naeem" I say choking on tears getting up to hug him.

"What did I do to deserve you" I say into his chest "you did everything to deserve me azizi and I'm so glad that you're going to be the mother of my children no one would have done it better. You're going to be an amazing mother in shaa Allah" he says "And you're going to be an amazing father" I say to him.

"Uhibuki Aman" he mutters "Wa'ana uhibuka Naeem" I say.

And it's a wrap loves🥹!

How was the epilogue did it meet your expectations?
Until I met is finally complete and will be edited soon. I love you all so much🫂❤️ and look out Aamir and Nasreen's story. I'll give you all a tiney tiny bit of information about the book the title of the book is "After I met you."
See you soon and don't forget to vote comment and share xx.