~٦~

NAEEM.
Algiers, Algeria.

Aamir shows up early the next day and comes over to help with the children. I met a kid named Abdullah today, his brother dropped him off earlier today for the classes and although he's recitation is masha Allah he has been crying since.

So one of the brothers took him over to the sisters to help out and I saw Aman take him from the brother. I don't know what she said to little Abdullah, but he stopped crying and even gave her a hug. I don't know I'm smiling until Abubakr shows up beside me.

"Whats making you smile bro?" He asks and I smile a bit "oh it's nothing" I say "I just saw one of the sisters take little Abdullah with her and she only spoke to him and he stopped crying" I explain.

"You know, some sisters are gifted when it comes to children i don't know how they do it but their good at it" he chuckles and I couldn't agree more.

"There was this one time my wife went out with her sisters to get their hair done and left me with my daughter Aisha, she is a really quiet baby but when she starts crying and her mother isn't there to pacify her wallah you begin to question if she's the same baby" he says laughing.

"So what did you do?" I ask wanting to know how he handled the situation. "Bro I tried everything, to cut the story short she cried until her mother came home only taking short breaks in between" he sighs shaking his head.

"Only mother's know the secret to a quiet happy baby then?" i say "one hundred percent" he agrees and we both laugh before heading back inside the masjid.

After all the kids go home we meet at the back of the masjid for iftar after magrib salah and the food was amazing. After, we have some dessert. "Naeem come have this chocolate cake my sister made" Aamir calls.

Aman bakes? I rush over with a plate and fork in hand to taste the delicacy and oh my Allah it's smells and tastes amazing. "Mashaa Allah bro, it's really good I think I'll need to have more after I finish this" i joke taking another bite.

"I can ask her to make some for you?" He says "oh no, no it's fine I don't want to trouble you or her I'm sure it was too much making something this good" i assure him.

"Look at you refusing sister Aman's cake" Bilal another brother jokes. "Aamir hardly offers his sisters baked goods and when he does you don't refuse" he adds and we all laugh.

"If it's fine with her then I'd love more cake please" i smile and they all laugh at my reply. "Sure thing I'll bring it over when next she makes it in shaa Allah" he promises.

||~•~||

True to his words he did bring the cake for me three days later. "Aman says thank you that you liked her cake." He tells me after giving me the cake. "It's nothing really. It was a nice cake and everyone liked it." I say.

"By the way how did it go with Oncle ?" I ask "it was good Alhamdulillah I get to meet her next Friday after jumm'ah in shaa Allah" he blushes and I laugh. "Ok then don't forget to invite me for the wedding though" i tease.

"Come on bro of course you'll be there in shaa Allah. I never knew you were Nasreen's cousin" he says "Aha, that, her mom and my mom are sisters, twins actually" i say. "Wow mashaa Allah I never knew" well now you know" I smile.

I end up going home with my new favourite in the passengers seat looking back at me. No one's eating this cake with me. I use my prayer mat to hide the bowl and walk into the house with it in my arms.

I go back downstairs to get a fork and a bottle of water before I run back upstairs to gobble down the cake. After my nightcap I brush my teeth and say my du'as before going to sleep.

Assalamu alaikum,
Nothing much to say I hope the book is getting more interesting?
Y'all wondering why I updated again 😂 well I have no reason so enjoy💕
Now for real, see you all next week in shaa Allah and don't forget to vote comment and share.
Much love 💌.