~٢٣~

NAEEM.
Algiers, Algeria.

The wedding day.

I wake up this morning feeling excited and refreshed with only a few hours of sleep. I take my bath and head to the masjid for fajr prayer after returning I take a shower and bring out today's outfit. I head back downstairs and fix myself a quick breakfast just as I'm eating I get a call from Abubakr.

"Salam Abubakr, how are you doing?" I ask dropping my plate in the dishwasher "Wa Alaikumus salam, I'm good Alhamdulilah, how's the groom doing?" He teases.

"Couldn't sleep much last night but Alhamdulilah" I chuckle "oh don't worry everything will be fine in shaa Allah" he assures. "You're a really good friend you know" I say smiling as i take a sit on my bed looking round my now empty room.

"What time are you leaving the house for the mosque?" He questions "I'll be leaving before Abi and the others, I have to go pick up Aman's bouquet." I inform him. "Aw, you're getting her flowers?" He teases "that's enough teasing for the day Abubakr" I laugh.

"Oh habibi I'm just getting started, anyways I'll see you later and don't forget to keep your smile in check we don't want you ending up in the hospital because your face got stuck in the same position from smiling too much." He adds.

"I'm going to ignore that." I say. I end the call and take down the last few of the things I'm taking with me to my new house. I meet Mama in the kitchen making a cup of coffee as I come back in the house.

"Good morning mama" I greet giving her a kiss on the forehead "good morning to you too Baba, how did you sleep?" She asks "very well Alhamdulilah" I reply "have you gotten everything?" She questions taking a sip of a coffee.

"Yes, I have" I smile "my baby is now a big boy huh?" She teases "mama not you too" I groan making her laugh "it's all jokes don't worry, May Allah bless you and her and bless your union too" she prays.

"Ameen mama, thank you, you should go get ready we'll be leaving soon in shaa Allah" i say "ok then." We walk back up to our rooms together and I pick up the special outfit I'd gotten for today and put it on. I spray myself with some cologne before picking up my phone and exiting the room.

I leave the house before them and drive down to pick up Aman's flowers before driving to the venue where the nikkah is taking place. I hand the flowers over to Maryam who takes them to where Aman is.

I sight Aamir and Abubakr together so I take a sit beside them "Assalamu Alaikum" I say adjusting my thobe. "Wa'alaikumus salam, hope you're ready to get tied down" Abubakr jokes and i shake my head causing both of them to laugh out loud.

The Sheikh calls both Aman and I to both take a sit on the assigned table. "Hello" I whisper as he starts the wedding hud'bah "hi, I think we should pay attention don't want to get caught talking to you while this is going on" she whispers back "thank you so much for the flowers by the way I love them" she adds.

"You're welcome" I say turning back my attention to what is being said. After he finishes the sermon we sign the marriage contract and I can't believe I'm saying this but it is true. I'm a married man, a man with a wife.
I try to internally digest that.

Alhamdulilah ya Allah, I just completed half of my deen I look over to Aman to see Maryam hugging her she has tears in her eyes too just like mine I smile and she giggles as the tears flow freely down her beautiful face.

Yes I'm allowed to say that now. I take a few steps over to her and when Maryam notices me she let's go of her and gives us space. "Congratulations" I say "same to you" she jokes and I do something I've been waiting to do which is now allowed, I use the thumb of my fingers to wipe her tears away.