~٢٠~

AMAN
Algiers, Algeria.

After Aamirs wedding everything went back to normal and I decided I'm going to start a business because I'm tired of staying home doing nothing now that Aamir is not home the house is even more boring.

I called Zara to come escort me to the supermarket to get a few ingredients to try out this new cake recipe I've been wanting to try but she bailed out on me so I'm going alone.

I part my car in the parking lot and head into the supermarket, while walking down the aisle I come across Naeem and his sister Maryam, I try to hide my face but Maryam is quick to notice me "Assalamu Alaikum, Aman how have you been?" She asks giving me a hug "I've been good Alhamdulilah how are you?" I ask

"I've been good too, Naeem dragged me down here to get ingredients to make this chocolate he's been fussing about." she says tugging on his arm.

"Assalamu Alaikum Aman" he says blushing a bit "Waalaikumus salam, what chocolate is she talking about?" I ask pretending I don't know what she's talking about. "Oh it's nothing" he says dragging Maryam along with him.

"Come on I didn't say I was done talking to her." she exclaims "Naeem has been going on about this chocolate cake you made for him during Ramadan and was begging me to see if I could make something like it." she explains and I hear him groan behind her making me laugh

"Oh, well I'm also here to get ingredients to try out this new recipe." I say "and I can make the cake and send it over no biggie" I smile.

"Aww, how sweet come say thank you Naeem" she says signing for him to come over " I told you times without number that you talk too much Maryam" he scolds shaking his head.

"You don't need to stress yourself Aman it's fine" he assures me "and I said it's fine, that'll send some over so stop arguing." I say and he immediately closes his mouth as soon as he opens it.

"Jazakallahu khairan Aman, we'll leave you alone now" Maryam says dragging Naeem and their cart along with her "bye" they chorus and i nod going back to my list.

||~•~||

When I get home I bake the cake and sent it over to them and some to Aamir too. "Aman" baba yells just as I exit the kitchen "yes Baba" I reply "come sit, you're mom and I were discussing dates for the engagement and you're mother said to ask if you had a date in mind."

"Baba you already want to get rid of me so quickly" I pout sitting close to him "it's not like that" he smiles "we are just trying to make sure everything is in place habibi" he explains hugging me.

"Any date from next month is fine by me" I say into his neck "ok then I'll let Abbas know so we can start the preparations" he nods releasing me.

I go up to my room and call Zara informing her of what happened today and about my upcoming engagement though without a specific date yet.

"I'll be coming over next week in shaa Allah, we have to go get you something to wear" she squeals "and by the way, I think you should really step up about this bakery you want to start, I'm sure you'll make a fortune from it" she advises.

"In shaa Allah" i nod we continue to speak before her mother calls her and we part with the promise of meeting each other this weekend for a much needed sleepover.

Hey y'all,
How you doinggggg?
Short chapter I know, bear with me please I've been too lazy these days 😭
We'll I don't have much to say so see you when I see you.
Don't forget to vote comment and share tho xx💕.