14

Steve

It feels wrong going out on a Friday night and leaving Emmy, but I know she's ok with Delta. We haven't really spoke much since the other day when I took her out riding. It had been the first time I'd briefly spoken openly about my wife that it kind of scared me at just how natural it came. Scared me into thinking that if it was like that, then I was betraying her by moving on. It made me feel terrible for thinking all of the thoughts I've had about Delta over the last few months.

You're an asshole for ditching your kid to go have a drink. My conscience scolds. 

Yeah, even more so for probably ruining any plans Delta had for tonight as well. I'm not even enjoying myself, even though we should be celebrating Bucky's triumph at actually getting Nat to agree to marry him.

I need to be home with my girl.

"I'm gonna head off". I say, getting up as Sam and Bucky throw one another a look. "Sorry, just not feeling like I'm company tonight".

Bucky snorts at this. "You never are. Go on. See you tomorrow". He jokes and I make the journey back home.

Delta is on the back porch when I get back, listening to some music quietly while drinking a glass of wine. Emmy's been in bed for hours so I don't blame her for wanting to kick back and relax.

She looks up as I walk out and frowns. "Oh? I thought you'd be another couple of hours yet", checking her watch for the time. It's only 9pm.

"Wasn't feeling it tonight". I admit.

"You're not the only one". She says.

I feel bad. "Sorry...I shouldn't-"

"If you're about to say that you shouldn't have gone out to actually socialise for once? I will kick you in the shins". She replies. "You're allowed to go out Grant, it really doesn't bother me whether it's a Friday night, hell, even a Monday!"

"You shouldn't have to give up your Friday's though, you should be going out, having fun and meeting some guys who can show you a good time - in fact, I'm telling you now that you're not looking after Emmy on Friday evening's anymore".

She huffs at this. "And I'm not going to be bossed around by some Dilfy cowboy who-" Her face then drops and eyes widen a little as she realises just what she's said.

I look a little smugly at her now, seizing the opportunity to tease her until the end of time about this one. "What did you just call me, Doll?"

She quickly gets to her feet and takes her empty wine glass, going to pass me but I grab her wrist gently to stop her. Her eyes shoot up to meet mine. "I...didn't say anything".

"Yeah you did". I am enjoying this way too much. "I believe the words were 'Dilfy cowboy'"? I now refresh her memory. "Believe me sweetheart, I may be an old man to you but I'm still young enough to know what that means".

She looks at me, wetting her lips a little before muttering, "You're not old, and I've had a lot of wine. It's that talking".

"Yet it's coming right outta your mouth". I muse and take the glass from her, releasing her and going into the kitchen to refill it and make myself one. She's still stood in the spot I left her when I come back out and pass the drink to her. "I haven't poisoned the damn thing, just drink it". I sigh and head over to the steps sitting down and looking out onto the land that the darkness has fallen over, battling all urgency to take her upstairs to my bed.

Delta joins me and sips at her wine, also looking out. "I haven't got laid in ages", she suddenly admits but doesn't care about whether this is embarrassing or not. She's probably had more action than me anyway. "It's like guys from the Creek don't fuck or they just aren't interested". She pauses momentarily before out of the corner of my eye I see her head whip round to look at me. "And you know what? I'm gonna be brave and say that it doesn't help with you walking around every day being a grumpy ass, but also looking like fucking girl dinner. And calling me Dolly or even better, Doll? It makes me wanna get on my damn knees and put my hair in a ponytail. So yeah, I'll admit you're a Dilfy cowboy - be proud of it".

I say nothing.

I don't look at her.

I down the glass of wine silently and then put it next to me on the step, then taking off my hat and putting it on her head.

Your move Dolly

A bold decision on my part, but one it seems like I need to make after she's just tipsily told me what she has. Plus, my cock is now twitching like mad at the sight of her wearing my hat...

She knows what it means and looks at me. "One night..." I tell her, "no strings, we don't ever have to speak of it again -but I think you and me both know we need to get this outta our systems. Think we can manage that?"

"You a stickler for rules Grant? Because I've always tended to break them". She says, now going to take the hat off, but my hand keeps it there. I wanna see how she looks in it when I'll make her come all over me.

I lick my lips at the sheer thought of it as I stare at her hungrily. I'm ready to eat. 

"You're wearing the hat Doll, you ride the cowboy".