16

Steve 

Delta Conway compliments my bed almost as much she does my floor and my shower. Once she'd begged for me to fuck her into next week from behind (to which I tactfully pulled out and exploded across her ass), we 'cleaned up' in the shower - which took twice as long but was worth every damn minute.

And I was right. Her mouth looked even better while she was choking on my cock.

I rub my temples and stretch my aching body as I wait for the coffee to brew the next morning, although I've barely had any sleep. We were up most of the night making the most of our agreement.

Emmy sits at the table shovelling some toast into her mouth, and I yawn, pouring some coffee into a mug while thinking about Delta's tongue tracing over my tattoos. She was obsessed...

I hear some movement from the stairs and then she shuffles in, cardigan wrapped around her and looking tired. Our eyes meeting for the first time since last night...

"Morning..." She says a little awkwardly.

"Morning". I say now feeling the same.

One night. It's all we agreed, and now we have to just get on with it and return to normal. Whatever the hell that even is. "Coffee?"

"Please..." She says and I see her gingerly sit down at the table, now giving Emmy her attention to probably curb the tension in the air between us.

"You alright?" I ask, passing her a mug.

She nods. "Finding it a little hard to walk, but I'll be ok". Her voice is filled with amusement, to probably lighten the mood.

I smile lightly. "Sorry..."

"Don't be, it was the best orgasm of my life". Of my life, she whispers the orgasm part so Emmy doesn't hear and start yelling it. It was bad enough she was going around shouting "Shit!" the other day when she heard Bucky say it. Neither me or Delta were impressed by this.

I turn away and smirk to myself without her seeing, whilst pretending to refill my cup. "Least I did something right".

"I'd say there were a fair few things you did that were more than right". She says casually that I almost choke on the mouthful of coffee I've just taken. Images are replaying last night through my mind like a film reel. I've never been that feral, even with my wife. It seems that Delta Conway has brought the beast out of me that's been lying dormant for so long.

I clear my throat and then turn back to her. "Right...well...I hope I didn't hurt you too much".

She shakes her head. "Not at all. I know it's a good railing if I can't really walk the next morning".

I run a hand through my hair. "And, er...you had that a lot?" I ask awkwardly.

She shakes her head and looks innocently at me. "Never...until last night when I finally got to ride a cowboy and have him exceed that expectation. Tough act to follow for whoever may be next..."

Just dig a hole out in the grasslands and fucking bury me there, because that statement just killed me.

"Well..." I pause and then really don't know what to do with myself. "Guess whoever he is will erm...yeah, anyway it's getting late". I mumble as I check my watch.

She gets up and silently washes her mug up, putting it away in the cupboard. I note how she knows every part of this house so well now. "So I'll er...see you Monday".

I nod. "Yeah. Monday".

You sound like the biggest douche ever.

This is how it's gonna have to be though. One night and then back to normal. May as well start now to avoid the free fall that's about to drop hard and fast.

You wanted her. You had her. That's enough, draw the line between you two again.

As I see her look, it's one of disappointment. Like she was hoping that it wouldn't be this way. "We can't cross that line, Doll". I tell her, "even you know that".

She nods silently. "I know...Emmy comes first. It would fuck it all up".

I shake my head. "Not just that. You could have someone your own age who isn't a grumpy asshole and can make happy".

Delta says nothing for a moment and then takes her purse and keys from the side, "I could...but I only have eyes for one, and he's off limits. I'd rather take a grumpy asshole and that, than some guy who treats me like an object and has no idea how to make me come as hard as I did last night".

Then she leaves, and I slide my hands down my face in frustration.

She just admitted that she wanted me.

Your wife would be turning in her grave if she saw this. Stop tarnishing her memory. You've moved on but you can't that much.

I glance over at Emmy who is still waving to the newly closed front door. "Bye, bye Mama..."

I freeze as she giggles, still waving in the hopes that Delta will come back in, and then swallow the lump that's formed in my throat.

Scratch that, your wife is now spinning, asshole.

"Shit". I mutter to myself. 

"Shit!" Emmy now yells and I groan.

Once again and this time of my own doing, everything seems to be ripping apart at the seams. And even though I don't want to admit it to myself, the only person I know who can hold it together is Delta.

**

The rest of the weekend is shit, and by the time Monday comes around, I'm running on caffeine and a lack of sleep - which makes me even more grumpy than I usually am. Delta and I barely say no more than just a few sentences a day to one another for the whole damn week that follows, and that just makes me even more angry at myself. I keep my distance. Put the walls that had fallen back up again and focus on the ranch, even though it's hard to having to see her. 

It doesn't help that every time she leaves, Emmy says "Bye Mama" once the door is closed. But after four days of this happening, it makes me wake up and realise that this woman? She practically is the only person around to be considered a mother in my daughter's life.

"Got another one". Bucky says, chucking the package that contains another script from Phil onto the table. I must be glaring, because he now looks at me and frowns. "Why do you look like you wanna murder someone? It's not even 7am".

I sigh, not wanting to come out with what happened between Delta and me. "Another script".

He looks at me. "You ever gonna tell Delta who you really are? Because I think you can trust her to keep a secret by now".

You have no idea...

"Actually that's what I've been thinking about". I say and look up at him. "I think it's about time that she knew the truth".