chapter 41

This last week has gone by so slow. easy job runs, not much excitement.  no-one has caused any problems . its been smooth sailing. me and Colby have an appointment today at noon to look at how big the baby is. honestly I know this is the sad part, I don't know how long i am. to much was happening I lots my days. days turned into weeks , and weeks turned into months going by. 

I was starting to show a lot so it would be nice to know and when I'm due.  " you ready to go darling?" he says walking up to me kissing my head. " yea just about." I said putting on some lip balm and a lip gloss . I had this body suit on that was snug , hugged all my curves . I stood up in the mirror and just looked at myself. smiling , I ran my hand over my belly . 

Colby came up behind me and snaked his arms around me and put his hands on my belly too. " do we wanna know the gender?" he smiled at me wide hoping I would say yes. " I'm not to sure Colby. do you wanna have a gender reveal? if so then we cant know the gender , if not then we can know the gender" I smiled at him. he sat there thinking for a minute. " I think a gender reveal would be fun if we could. " he kissed my cheek . " then we will get the nurse to give us the gender in a card and no-one is able to open it. so who do we trust the most with keeping secrets?" 

" definitely not Devonte " we both said at the same time laughing. " or Danny , I think he would let something slip" I giggled to myself with the one tiny secret I told Danny and he let it slip on stream. 

" I agree on that. " he said with a giggle. " the only ones I could trust to keep a secret this big, is wyl and Sam . " I said walking over to get my shoes on. " if you trust wyl and Sam  , then I agree , lets give them a call so they can meet us there, because if i get a hold of that envelope I'm gonna open it. " he smiled at me. " hey at least your being honest, ill give him a call, then go to Sam's and grab him.

 "lets just surprise them though and not tell them what's happening  " Colby nodded in agreement.  I left the bedroom and pulled out my phone while grabbing me keys. " hello?" I heard wyl answer. " hey are you dressed?" I asked nonchalantly " yea why?" he questioned me. " get your shoes on I'm coming to get you. no ifs ands or buts." I say hanging up the phone before he could ask any questions.  

while Colby got his shoes on I opened the door and knocked on Sams. he answered without a shirt on. he was sweating a lot. " uh hey Rox, what's up?" he said with a nervous smile. " Sam sorry to cock block you but we need you to come with us. either tell her you'll be back or kick her out. either way works." I smiled . he turned his head. " you got to go , ill give you a call later" he said with a frown. " its alright ill call you later" she said giving him a kiss on the cheek and leaving. " get a shirt on lets go . " he left to grab a shirt and was back within 30 seconds. " lets go" he smiled at me and we all headed downstairs. " we need to make a quick stop , and don't ask any questions. " I told Sam , he just nodded. 

we took off and within 3 minutes we where at the camboys house. " ill just run up and.." before I could finish my sentence wyl was opening the door and walking up to the car. " well
nevermind. " I said with a giggle. as soon as wyl got in the car i told him the same thing I told sam no questions. 

about 20 minutes later we were pulling up the doctors office. they both looked at each other confused. we all got out and went into the building. " hello how may I help you ?" the receptionist had a very nice smile while greeting us. " yes appointment for ruby" I asked. " ok let me just check... oh yes , noon , please take a seat and wait to be called. " she smiled . " thank you" I said returning the smile and sitting down . 

I sat down on Colby's lap because if I'm being honest , I'm nervous , what if the baby isn't ok? what if somethings not right? all these what ifs just flying through my head. I tense up and Colby noticed. instead of speaking he just kissed me. 

I pulled away from him and just rested my head on his. " thank you" I whispered to him. " don't stress everything will be ok" he smiled rubbing my arms. we sat there for 2 minutes waiting to be called. " ruby" the doctor said coming out. " yes that's me and I need these 3 in the room for , special reasons. " the doctor looked at me then looked at them. " usually we don't allow so many people in the room but ill allow it this time. " he said smiling at me. " thank you." I said following behind him into the room, with the boys following behind me. 

" can you lay here and someone will be in shortly. " he said closing the door. I got up onto the bed and just looked at all the contraptions. " is this.." wyl said and I looked at him. " no questions remember. " I smirked at him. " sorry sorry." he said putting his hand up in defense. Colby came and stood next to me and held my hand. 

few moments later a girl came into the room. " hello ms.ruby I'm doctor Susan, ill be doing your ultrasound today. are we finding out the gender of the baby or is it gonna be a surprise?" she said getting everything set up ." um its gonna be a surprise , you can hand the envelope to those too on the chair." I said with the biggest smile. they looked shocked. " really Roxy?" Sam said with a tear falling down his face. " why us?" wyl said with the biggest grin.  " I trust you guys with not only my life but this is a big secret and we came down to , you 2 have never let a secret slip , therefor you guys are gonna be keepers of the envelope. " I laughed. 

they both came up and hugged me . " thank you rox." " thank you so much." Sam and wyl said letting go and going to sit back down. " we ready?" she said to me. " ready as ill ever be." I smiled. 

she lifted up my shirt and put the really cold jelly on my belly. she moved the wand from left to right. I was getting a little worried. " oh there's the baby, he was hiding." she giggled. I sighed in relief. " take a look " I turned my head and started to cry. " your 12 weeks pregnant ." she said to me and Colby. I stare in awe. Colby grabs my hand and i look up at him.

I saw a tear fall from his face. I reached my free hand up and wiped it for him. " our baby" he said with a smile. " our baby " I said looking back at the baby on the monitor. it looked like a little alien. " baby is quit healthy, I see no problems. would you like to hear the heart beat?" she smiled. i nodded . she clicked a couple buttons then .

* thump thump thump thump thump* the heart beat was fast, loud. this baby is gonna be strong. " alright I know what the gender is, let me go jot it down and give it to these 2 lovely men here" she smiled. she wrote it down and gave it to Sam and wyl. they where trying to wipe there tears , as where me and Colby. we were all baby's in this moment. " alright we are done here . you guys have a lovely day and we shall see you again soon. " she said walking us out of the room.