my ears fill with the sound of you kneeling [K.Bishop]

summary: you and your girlfriend explore a slightly unconventional form of comfort after you catch her slipping into her self-destructive tendencies again.

warnings: smut --> minors look away [literally just porn with feelings...like a LOT of feelings; petplay/puppyplay; vibrator use; humping/grinding; finger sucking; a touch of overstimulation; kate exploring her submissive side while R tries to guide her through it]

wordcount: 2.4k

a/n: i was working on a few requests and then i blacked out and wrote this whole thing instead. i'm sorry [but also, you're welcome :)] i have nothing else to say for myself, enjoy. [we'll be back to our regularly scheduled wholesome hailee steinfeld programming next week]

* * * * * * *

"I can explain."

Those words never mean anything good, especially when they come from the mouth of a certain stubborn archer. A stubborn archer you happen to be very much in love with.

You sigh the second her words reach your ears, making sure to count down from five before turning away from the fridge to face her. You're not sure what you're expecting to find but you're sure expecting it wouldn't have helped much anyway. Kate stands in front of you, her face littered with small (badly bandaged) cuts and noticeable bruises forming on her gorgeous face.

The purple suit she wears whenever she goes out on "Avengers business" (as she likes to call it) hides the damage you're sure has been done to her body. You don't know whether to yell at her or ask her if she's okay.

Ultimately, you do neither and instead, walk away before you say something you'll regret. Just because your girlfriend happens to be a very powerful and stupidly reckless superhero doesn't mean you have to like it. You've learned a lot about the brunette since you started dating her and sometimes that information was more of a curse than a blessing.

"y/n, wait!" She calls out before following after you like a lost puppy. "Just hear me out."

"Hear you out?" You scoff. "Why? So you can lie to me and tell me you're totally okay when we both know the truth?"

The lack of response tells you everything you need to know.

She's slipping again. Letting herself get caught up in fears and doubts that only make her act more reckless than usual. She's not getting hurt because she's unskilled or lacks proper training, she's getting hurt because she *wants* to. Because she thinks she deserves it.

You hate that you understand where she's coming from. You're not a stranger to self-destructive tendencies but at least yours don't involve getting repeatedly punched in the face.

She follows you all the way into the bedroom and it's not until you're both in the safety of those four walls that her hand grips your wrist. You could escape her hold if you wanted to but you're not angry enough for that. A part of you wishes you were so you didn't have to look at the pain written all over her face as she turns you around to face her.

"I'm sorry."

"I know."

"Please," she says, taking a step closer. "Tell me what I can do to fix this."

She's practically begging you and despite how badly you want to pretend tonight never happened, you catch a glimpse of the desperate look in her eyes. You don't think you've ever seen it before and yet you know exactly what it means. Kate's begging for more than just your forgiveness right now.

You know you shouldn't do it. You should tell her to take a shower, and then climb into bed with her and help her recover from her mistakes. But your response slips out before you can stop it.