bleeding me dry like a goddamn vampire [K.Bishop]

pairing: vampire!kate bishop x reader

summary: a failed mugging leads to you discovering kate's biggest secret...and her finding out yours.

warnings: yes, i still suck at summaries, shhh SMUT -> minors, you know the drill, walk away now [porn with almost too much plot; blood and fangs and all the stereotypically hot vampire things; so many neck kisses it should be illegal; fingering {R receiving}; kate being a tease and owning it; praise + degradation + two seconds of humiliation]

wordcount: 3.

a/n: do i have like ten requests sitting in my inbox rn? yes. was this idea going to leave me alone if i didn't write it? no. i've been trying to finish this fic since JULY, GUYS, AND I NEED IT OUT OF MY DRAFTS AND INTO THE WORLD! it wasn't supposed to be smut, but i couldn't help it. i don't think i'll have time to do any real kinktober-type fics so enjoy this little treat instead. ALSO, a lot of the vampire dynamics/lore in this fic was inspired by first kill so go check it out if you haven't seen it.

* * * * * * *

You were working yet another late night at Bishop Security. A normal occurrence considering your boss's distaste for coming into the office when the sun is high in the sky. She almost never comes in before 3 PM and almost always stays in until way past midnight.

Pretty much everyone who works for her hates her unusual schedule, claiming she's way too new to her position to be slacking off so much. Everyone seems to share that view...everyone except you since being her secretary means you get to share her schedule.

Which conveniently means you get to sleep in most days.

She's never offered an explanation, not that you've ever tried asking her about it, but the rumor swirling around is that she's too busy partying and sleeping around to bother showing up at the office at a regular time.

You don't doubt the validity of that rumor but you're also sure it's not the whole story. There have been times when Kate has forced you to leave at 2 AM while she's stayed behind to write up a report or prepare for her next meeting.

She's young and reckless and way too rich for her own good but she's not completely irresponsible or arrogant. Unfortunately, the media loves making up stories about the 'Tony Stark of Bishop Security' almost as much as your co-workers love gossiping.

Maybe if those rumors held more truth to them you wouldn't be where you are right now: speed-walking out of the building and trying to make it to your car before something bad happens. You're aware of the irony of working at a security company yet being terrified of walking through the parking lot. But hey! It's New York City, your fears are more than valid.

You're too busy arguing with yourself about said irony to notice the person sneaking up behind you until they forcefully grab your shoulder and slam you into the nearest concrete wall. The force of the push forces all the air out of your lungs, leaving you unprepared for the right hook your attacker throws your way.

The ringing in your ears is the only thing you can focus on for a few seconds. You see their mouth moving and you're barely able to make out the name 'Kate Bishop' before they raise their fist again. You squeeze your eyes shut and wait for the punch to land.

Except it never does.

Your eyes snap open right as your shoulders are grabbed again but this time, the person standing in front of you is none other than Kate Bishop herself. "Hey, hey, it's alright. Just focus on me. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so." You're pretty sure the pounding in your chest has more to do with the proximity between the two of you than your leftover fear after being attacked. "I just got pushed around a little."