Only if they had met before

At night

Aditya opened the door slowly not to disturb Zoya. He always does the same. Coming late and leaving early. He walked into the room without turning on the light. He knows that Zoya is sensitive to lights. She will wake up for sure.

Aditya walked near the bed and noticed his sleeping beauty. He smiled looking at her. He always admires her from afar. He was about to place a kiss on her forehead like he used to do Zoya opened her eyes.

Aditya's eyes widened to see her awake.

Zoya frowned as Aditya was standing too close to her.

" Mein bho tum " " I need to talk to you " Zoya cut him off.

" Umm sure "

Zoya got off the bed and went to the closet. She took out the box and opened it in front of Aditya.

" Why it's still here ? " Aditya could not think of an excuse.

"It's just"

"Don't you dare you lie Mr. Malhotra. I want the truth" Zoya was determined to know about it.

Aditya sighed.

"I bought this for you but never get the courage to give you" Aditya said.

"Why ? I was in front of you all the time. You even lied to me that you brought this for your loved one" Zoya asked

" I didn't lie Zoya. It's true that i brought this dress for that woman whom i love the most. And that's you " Aditya looked at Zoya.

"How could you love me back then you used to hate me. As long as i remember it was you who told me that I didn't match with the Malhotra's" Zoya said desperately.

" Lie lie everything was lie. I lied to you. Infact i lied myself that I can't have feelings for you. You are just a normal girl. You are not my type. But this heart never listens to me. It always betrayes me. I fell in love with you at the very first sight Zoya. When you bumped into me that day. I fell in love before knowing the truth. I tried to convince myself that it was wrong. It's wrong to have feelings for someone who is already committed to someone. But it's you who told me that everything is fair in love and war. I couldn't help myself but to fall again and again for you " Aditya paused.

Zoya could not believe her ears. This man standing in front of her fell in love with her at the first sight. It was feeling like a dream to her. She always wanted someone like him who would love her unconditionally. His love was pure. Only if they had met before.

Zoya gulped the lump of her throat. She noticed tears in the corner of his eyes. He was suffering from day 1. But that doesn't mean she could forgive him. What he did is unforgiving.

" Mujhe neend aa rehi hai good night " Zoya chose not to talk about this anymore.

Aditya sighed and went to the washroom.

Next Day

Zoya woke up lately as she slept late. As usual she found the room empty. Aditya has left already. Zoya sighed in relief as she didn't want to continue the conversation. She completed her morning routine and walked out.

"Zoya where's Adi ?" Neha asked as soon as Zoya walked down.

" Umm I don't know Neha Di. " Zoya replied back

"What do you mean by you don't know. You both stays in one room Zoya. You are supposed to know about Adi's whereabouts " Zoya felt offended

"It's not Zoya's duty Di. Stop accusing her." Rishi protested.

" She is his wife for god's sake Rishi. " Neha scoffed

" Zoya beta listen to me. I understand your situation. But it's true that you are Adi's wife. You have to give this marriage a chance. We can't change the fate beta. Maybe it's written in your destiny. " Naina pat her head.

Zoya nodded. She knew that the family would tell her to adjust one day. That's the harsh reality.  the women have to adjust at any cost.

Zoya sighed deeply as she knew that coming.