Chapter 10

After we finished bowling, we head to a local cafe for dinner, and I still feel guilty about asking Logan to not joke around with Marcus with the kissy noises.

"Hey Alexander, are you alright?" Logan softly asks as we enter the cafe behind Axel and Marcus.

"No," I simply answer, moving to stand off to the side, so we are out of the way of anyone coming in, or moving around the cafe. "I am still very sorry about asking you not to joke around with Marcus earlier. That was not right of me, and I honestly want you to joke with my brother. I promise I will work on my jealousy issue, but I also will understand if you are mad at me, and if you do not want to date me anymore."

Logan gently smiles at me while squeezing my left hand in his right; "Alexander, I am not upset at you over this, and no, I am not breaking up with you over this either. Me making kissing noises toward him was insensitive of me toward you and him, especially after I just asked you to be my boyfriend."

Tears pool in my eyes as I sniffle while I look at him; "Are you sure? I feel terrible, and I do not want you to hate me. I do not want to start off on the wrong foot in our relationship."

"Alexander, listen to me, okay?" he seriously states, and when I nod, he continues. "You did not do or say anything wrong. I was not thinking how you might feel about me doing that to your brother."

Sniffling again while nodding, and murmuring; "I am still sorry, and you can act that way with Marcus as long he does not mind. I want you, him, and Axel to act before I come around. I just do not know how to react to my friend or boyfriend interacting with my brother. This is not an excuse, but I am just explaining myself because I do not remember having a brother before, and when I was with Mary, I did not have any siblings."

"Alexander, it is okay, I promise. I understand what you are saying," Logay says, rubbing his hands over my arms to try and soothe my anxiety.

Nodding, I give him another small smile, and we join Marcus and Axel at a table. My entire body burns when Logan pulls out the chair for me before sitting down himself next to me. Alex is sitting across from me, and Marcus is sitting across from Logan. They grin at us as we settle ourselves, and my blush deepens.

"You guys are cute together," Marcus says with Axel agreeing with this statement. "But I want to request that neither of you deliberately hurt each other. Communicate with each other, and have fun together."

My jaw drops open, and my eyes widen in shock at my brother's words while Logan chuckles, and he says; "I understand Marcus, and I do not think you have to worry about us deliberately hurting each other."

I snap my mouth shut while nodding in agreement with Logan. We order our food and drinks when the server arrives, and talk while we wait for our orders to arrive, and while we eat.

"Can I ask you a question, Alexander?" Axel asks suddenly.

Shrugging my shoulders at him with a nod; "You sure can."

"Was Mary good to you while you lived with her?" he quietly asks, like he is nervous for my answer, but wants an honest answer.

Tilting my head to the left in confusion; "What do you mean? Are you asking if she was abusive to me while I was living with her?"

When he nods in confirmation, I honestly answer him; "No. She was not mean to me while I lived with her. Yeah, she would punish me if I did something wrong, but nothing harsh. She would take away something from me, or ground me for a while, and things like that."

The three of them nod, and look as if they felt relieved by my answer, and this confuses me further.

"Did you guys think that Mary was abusive toward me?" I quietly ask them, and now they look extremely nervous.

"Well, we were worried that she was abusive," Marcus murmurs. "We never knew how you were treated by her while you were with her."

Nodding my head in understanding, and I cannot be upset over their worry; "I get this. I can promise that she was not abusive in any way toward me."

"That is good," Logan says, taking my hand in this with a gentle squeeze.

We talk throughout dinner about random stuff, and have a great freaking time. I have not laughed this hard in a long time.

"Hey, would you like to spend time with me now?" Logan asks with a hopeful smile.

"Yes, I would love to! Let me call Joyce and Martian real quick," I answer with a grin, excited to spend time with him alone. "Will you be bringing me home later?"

"Yeah, I will bring you home whenever they tell us to have you home," he answers with a fond smile.

"Okay," I say, pulling my phone from my back left pocket to call Joyce.

"Hi Alexander, is everything okay?" Joyce answers on the second ring, and she sounds concerned. 

"Hi Joyce, yeah, everything is fine," I answer with a smile even though she cannot see this. "I am wondering if I can spend time alone with Logan? He said he will bring me home whenever you and Martian want."

"Yes, you may, Alexander," Joyce instantly answers, making me smile wider. "Please be home by midnight."

"Okay! Thank you so much!" I cheer softly into the phone, so I do not hurt her ears.

"You are very welcome, Alexander," Joyce chuckles. "I love you, and so does Martian."

"I love you both, too," I murmur, feeling a strange-good feeling in saying that I love them.

The silence from Joyce's end starts to worry me for a second until I hear her softly sniffling, and she murmurs with tears thick in her voice; "You really love us?"

"Yes, I really do love you and Martian," I murmur with my own tears forming in my eyes.

Joyce starts sobbing, and I start panicking until Martian's soft voice comes through the phone; "She is okay, Alexander. You did nothing wrong, okay? I love you, too, by the way. We will see you when you come home later. Be safe."

"I love you, too," I murmur, the strange-good feeling increasing in my body as we end our phone call.