Chapter 12

Six weeks after Logan and I made love that night at his home, I started not feeling well about two week ago. I have been vomiting from about 2 a.m. until eight or nine in the morning, along with being fatigued, cramps in my stomach, and slight moodiness. My stomach suddenly rolls while I am laying in my bed, and it is 5 a.m.. Lurching off the bed to run into the bathroom with my left hand clamped tightly over my mouth, and I fall to my knees in front of the toilet where I harshly vomit.

When I finally stop vomiting, I lay my sweaty forehead on the toilet seat after flushing the vial smelling vomit. Fluttering my eyes open when a palm drops onto my back, and rubs gentle circles, and I find Marcus looking at me with a scared expression.

"You have been sick for two weeks now. I think you should see the doctor," he quietly states, and tears pool in my eyes as I nod in agreement. "Come on, let's see what mom and dad say."

"Mom and dad?" Marcus asks as he and I step into the kitchen where they are sitting at the table, drinking coffee. "I think Alex needs to see a doctor because he has been vomiting every morning for the last two weeks."

They look at me in concern with both of them agreeing to take me to the hospital because today is Saturday. When we arrive at the hospital, I am registered at the front desk, and then we sit in the waiting area until I am called back by a nurse. The nurse hands me a specimen cup for me to take to the bathroom to pee into, and then leave on the sink.

Leaving the bathroom after doing my business, I leave the bathroom after flushing and washing my hands, I return to the room where Marcus, Joyce, and Martian are waiting for me. Sitting on the hospital bed sideways with my feet dangling off the side. Marcus moves from his spot leaning against the wall to sit next to me, and wraps his arm around my waist to pull me against his side. Laying my head against his shoulder, exhausted, and still having an upset stomach. My eyes flutter shut, and as I start to drift off several minutes later, there is a soft knock on the door before it opens, and a female enters the room in baby blue colored scrubs with 'Eeyore' all over the material.

"Hello, my name is Doctor West, and I have the urine test results, and congrats, you are pregnant," she says with a small smile on her lips.

My jaw drops open in shock, and I swallow thickly from fear of my parents being pissed because I am only sixteen. Nervously looking over at my parents, they are sitting in the chairs against the wall, and they are staring at the doctor with wide eyes.

"Are you sure?" I murmur, still in shock.

"I am sure, but I want to do an ultrasound to make sure, and figure out how far along you are," Doctor West answers.

A nurse pushes in an ultrasound machine, and the doctor performs the ultrasound. She stops the wand on my stomach, moving the screen toward me; "See this right here? That is your baby. I am estimating that you are six weeks along."

"Can I get four pictures, please?" I softly request of the doctor, and she agrees, clicking a few buttons on the mouse and keyboard.

"I will be back in a few minutes with the pictures, and we can talk for a few minutes," Doctor West says, handing me a couple of paper towels to wipe off my belly, that I take, and wipe off my stomach.

"How mad are you at me right now?" I whisper, not looking at any of them in the eyes. "Are you kicking me out? I will understand if you do. I did not know I could get pregnant."

Hearing a soft sniffle, I look over at our parents as I sit up, and Marcus sits back down next to me, holding me tightly, and our parents are both silently crying which scares me even more.

"We knew you were able to become pregnant when you were a year old," Joyce says softly. "We thought you knew, too. How come you never knew? We aren't mad, Alexander, we are just shocked that you are having a baby so young. What is your plan with the baby, and just know we will support you no matter what?"

Thickly swallowing, and blinking rapidly to keep the tears at bay; "I never saw a doctor when I was with Mary. I, uh, wanna keep the baby. I know it is gonna be hard, but this baby is a part of me and Logan, and I cannot, nor will not get rid of it."

They nod, and the doctor returns with another knock on the door, and the four pictures in her hand, that she hands me with a small smile. We talk about the baby for about twenty minutes before I am discharged, and once the nurse brings me the papers, the four of us leave the hospital. As Martian drives us back home, I stare at the ultrasound pictures, and try to figure out how the hell I am gonna tell Logan. I just hope that he is not pissed at me, and I hope he does not decide to leave the baby and me. I am gonna need his help raising our baby, but I will accept his decision if he does decide to leave us.

My mind spirals to all the horrible possibilities that could happen to Logan, the baby and me if Logan decides to leave us. Instead of thinking about these possible scenarios, I need to figure out how in the hell I am gonna tell him about our baby. I want to make this special for him.