Chapter 1

Millie's Pov

I have been single for the last ten years and this singleness is killing me inside and outside. A few months has passed and Savannah and Everina are already married. Nancy is not married yet. But, she is getting more serious with Hugo. The only ones who are single are me and Amanda.

Amanda is planning to build her own cafe. That's why she is starting to take baking class and I'm alone in this huge mansion. The government gave this mansion to us as a gift. But, they are losing their trust on us thanks to Lucy's death. Everina is constantly seen bickering with Savannah begging her not to leave us.

Honestly, I don't even care who stays with us anymore. A lot of things has changed since Lucy's death like how our group is not peaceful as it was. I wish there was a way to bring Lucy back from the death. I know that might sound creepy. But, I really hate to see my friends in such a disastrous situation.

I look at my phone to check the time.

"Crap, I'm late for my interview" I fastly change my clothes and run to Spencercorp.

"Where is the interview  ?" I ask the receptionist.

"Third floor, first door on the left" she answer calmly.

"Thank you" I make my way to the elevator and press up.

My legs are shaking and I am very nervous. Finally, the elevator's door open automatically and I rush inside. When it arrived at the third floor, I look on my left and spot a door made out of wood.

A man is sitting on the opposite direction probably waiting for me.

"I am so sorry for my late arrival" I admit.

"You are 15 minutes late but we shall go on with the interview, Ms. Sterling" the man turned around his chair to face me.

The interviewer is my ex-boyfriend.

"Shouldn't I be punished for my late arrival ?"

"Perhaps, you haven't researched enough about this company, Ms. Sterling. Since I am the CEO of this company, I allow my staffs to be late for 10 times a month. I shall marked this as your first late arrival"

"But, I don't work here yet"

"I think you don't need another interview"

"What does that mean ?"

"You are accepted but on one condition. Be my fake wife for a year"

This is crazy. First, the CEO of this company is my ex-boyfriend and now he wants me to be his fake wife.

"So, what's it gonna be, Ms. Sterling ?"