Chapter 9

Everina's Pov

I am at the meeting room with Nancy and Millie waiting for Amanda's arrival.

"This is taking forever of  her to come here" Nancy speaks up.

"Patience, Nancy. Amanda is already near" I reply.

The front door open and it reveals Amanda.

"What do you call me here for ?" she ask.

"Don't you dare play innocent with us, Amanda" Millie threatened her.

"Now, I will answer all of your questions"

"Was it you at the underlair spotted running away ?" I ask the first question.

"True, it was me"

"What were your motives ?" Millie give the second question.

"I was only trying to help you by finding the ring of resurrection"

"Who is the person behind all your schemes ?" Nancy give the third question.

"Cynthia Wildrose. I met her at my baking lesson"

"You better stay away from her right now, Amanda" Millie suddenly scream out loud.

"Give me a reason  why must I stay away from her ?"

"Because she was the culprit who stole my high school boyfriend"

"Hold on, you had a boyfriend ?" Nancy ask.

"I had once before my ex-best friend, Cynthia stole him away from me. She was the principal's daughter and also a witch"

I suddenly get a flashback about what Vivian warned us about.

"A witch is coming to attack you and I have a feeling that one of you was close with the witch"

Flashback end

So, it was Millie who had a past with the witch.

"Is she a real witch, Millie ?"

"She and her mother were real witches. I saw them putting a spell on one of the student's parent, Nancy"

"So, let me guess Cynthia was using Amanda to get the ring of resurrection" I admit.

"Cynthia didn't use me. She promised that once I get the ring, I need to give it to her. Then, she will give it back to me once she's done using it" Amanda's blue eyes start twinkling.

"My guess is Cynthia is gonna use that ring to resurrect her mother from the dead and that is bad"

"We need to stop Cynthia right away"

"How are we gonna do that without having Lucy and Savannah on our team ?"

"I think it's time we search for someone who can replace Lucy's role" I said in my leader tone.

"I'll handle that" Nancy said.

"Millie, you keep an eye on Amanda. Make sure she doesn't contact Cynthia about our plan"

"Yes, Everina"

"Confrontation is over. Everyone is dismissed"

Nancy's Pov

I head out of the mansion and rush to the Mylene city mall. I text Hugo to meet me at Shaun's gelato. Thankfully, he's done with his photoshoot and he's on his way here. I decide to enjoy my chocolate gelato.

"So,what do you call me here for ?" Hugo ask while enjoying his vanilla gelato.

"Did you know that Millie actually had a boyfriend when she was on high school ?" I ask.

"Wait, which one is Millie again ?

"The blonde one with green eyes and glasses"

"Oh, now I remember. Continue"

"We were doing a confrontation with Amanda until Amanda said that she was working for Cynthia. Guess what, Cynthia was Millie's ex-best friend plus she stole Millie's high school boyfriend"

"Damn, I feel so sorry for Millie knowing that one of her friends is working with her ex-best friend"

"I know right. So, Everina told Millie to keep an eye on Amanda"

"Then"

"Amanda revealed that she was trying to help us by finding the ring of resurrection. But, she had to give it to Cynthia first. After Cynthia is done with it, she will give it back to Amanda. Millie made an accusation that Cynthia will probably use it to resurrect her mother from the dead"

"Aren't you and your friends suppose to stop that ?"

"Yes, we will stop it. But, I need to find someone who can replace Lucy's role on the team which is why I made an online poster. I hope there is someone who can replace Lucy's role"

"All I can say is good luck"

Multiple notification start to pop on my phone. I pick it up and I see multiple women on my dm saying that they are ready to take Lucy's role. I squeal in excitement.

"Look at this" I said as I show my screen full of dm from multiple women.

"I guess this is your lucky day after all"

"I need to interview all of them. I hope I find the best"

"I know you can find the best"

"Thank you so much, Hugo"I hug him and give him a kiss on the lip.

"Your welcome, Nancy"

"I love you,Hugo"

"I love you first, Nancy"

Meanwhile

Savannah's Pov

"You can't stay mad at them forever, Savannah. You're not the only one who is affected by Lucy's death. I'm sure they are also affected  by it but you gotta move on"

"You don't understand. It's not that easy to let someone go from your life, Justin"

"You think I don't understand. My father died two years ago and I was devastated but I decided to move forward and here I am today. Your friends already have a lot of weight on their shoulder and you're just adding another one by demanding that they must have someone who can replace Lucy's role"

"Well, no one in the team is a good fighter or a good driver like Lucy"

"Will you stop comparing them to Lucy ?"

"I can't, Justin"

"Everyone has different skills and you gotta respect that. Yes, they may not be as good as a fighter like Lucy but I'm sure that anyone can be a good fighter if they want to learn"

"You're right, Justin"

I wonder if they already have someone who can replace Lucy on the team.