Chapter 18

Tomorrow morning

Millie's Pov

 I am eating my breakfast until Clark ask me about last night's incident.

" Why is Cynthia giving you a warning ? "

" The reason is simple. We took the ring of resurrection away from her in order to bring Lucy back to death "

" If you already use the ring, then why do you still keep it with you, Millie ? "

" That ring isn't just any ring  you can find at the jewelry store. It is one of the six relics. We already found three before the ring : the scepter of control, the amulet of immortality and the bagel of strength. Getting those relics wasn't an easy job at all. One of  the relic cost a life "

" What can the ring do other than bring someone back from the dead ? "

" For now, that's all it can do. But, we never know what happen in the future "

" Why is she so desperate to have that ring back ? "

" Because she wants to bring her mother back to life "

" You mean Principal Rosemary ? "

" Yes. But, Principal Rosemary was known as the greatest evil witch and we can't let Cynthia bring her mother back from the dead "

" Do you have a plan if she come back ? "

" For now, we don't and I don't make plans. Everina is the one in charge for it "

" If I were you, I would check on all those relics "

" That gives me an idea. I need to go meet Everina. Thank you, Clark "

" Your welcome, Millie. Before you leave, I have a question for you "

" What ? "

" Cynthia is not in love with me anymore right ? "

" I don't quite know about that. Sorry, I have no answer "

" It is fine. You shall go now. I do not want you to be late. Bye, Millie "

" Bye, Clark "

Meanwhile

Everina's Pov

" Why did Cynthia suddenly appear at the annual Spencercorp anniversary gala yesterday night ? " I pace back and forth.

" Maybe, she just want to visit you, my lady "

" She gave us a threat, Emmett. We need to return the ring back to her "

" That ain't gonna happen right, my lady ? "

" Of course, that ain't gonna happen. Because even though Lucy is back from the dead doesn't mean that we don't need that ring anymore "

" I suggest that you find out about what the ring can do other than bring people back from the dead, my lady "

" Where can I find out ? "

" I don't know. But, you can ask the witches help, my lady "

" That's it. Emmett, you are a genius "

" Nah, I am not a genius. I am just giving you a piece of advice, my lady "

" Who should I contact ? Vivian or Dalia ? This is so frustrating "

" You should contact the one who you trust the most, my lady "

" Should I call the team or should I do this as a solo mission ? "

" Together is better.  Or if you want, I can assist you, my lady "

" No, you must guard this mansion and that is why you are not leaving, Emmett. This isn't such a big mission for a team. I guess I should call Lucy here "

The door bell ringed.

" Who's there ? " I ask.

" I will see who it is, my lady " Emmett rush to open the door.

" You need to make a plan now , Everina " Millie rush to me.

" I can't believe that the golden cinderella is paying me a visit " I said.

" Why are you calling me the golden cinderella ? " her face show confusion.

" Have you check the news ? " Emmett ask.

Millie take her phone from her pocket and open the news.

" Wow, there is a thousand of article about me like Spencercorp CEO's wife is called the golden cinderella for her lateness and her fabulous golden gown and there is many,many more. Anyways, back to the topic, Cynthia made her unannounced presence last night and she give us a threat. We need to do something now "

" I was about to make an appointment with Vivian about that "

" Is the whole team coming ? "

" Nope, just you, me and Lucy . She said meet me at the underlair at 4 pm "

" We need to know Cynthia's motive "

I forward Vivian's message to Lucy.

" Ok, noted. Who is coming with us, Eve ? "

" You, me and Millie, Ana "

" Got it. Thank you, Eve "

" Your welcome, Ana "

Meanwhile

Cynthia's Pov

 I look in the mirror to see my make up.

" I think I want to show my freckles. They look so lovely " I said.

Flashback

14 years ago

" I start to have freckles around my cheeks and nose, mother " 12 year old Cynthia proudly admit to her mother.

" I think you should cover it with the face powder, sweetheart " her mother give her an advice.

" Why, mother ? "

" Your friends might make fun of you for those freckles. When I was little, my friends bullied me because I have a lot of freckles on my face, sweetheart "

" Then, what did you do, mother ? "

" I covered them with face powder. And when I am an adult, I remove them from my face, sweetheart  "

" Are you not proud of your freckles, mother ? "

" I love them. But, as soon as I grew up, I started to hate them. Let's do other things "

When I remembered my mother's words, I instantly take the face powder and cover my freckles with it. Am I really mother's real child ?