Chapter 21

Everina's Pov

We are searching everywhere around Cynthia's mansion for the scepter of control . Surprisingly , Cynthia isn't inside her own mansion .

" Have we checked the tunnel ? " Millie ask .

" I don't think so " I answer .

" Well , what are we waiting for ? Let's check that tunnel " Nancy said .

We get out of the mansion and head to the tunnel .

" There it is " Savannah point to the other side of the tunnel .

" Don't just stand there " Nancy said .

I try to reach the scepter but obviously someone took it before I can lay my hand on it .

" Do any of you have the scepter ? " I look back to my friends direction .

" It's not in my hands " Amanda said .

" Look above you " Millie said .

I look above to find a bunch of spirits playing catch with the scepter of control .

" Hey , you shouldn't play with that " Nancy complained .

" Why ? Are you jealous of us ? " one of the spirits mock us .

" You shouldn't mess with us " Nancy is getting pissed off by the spirits behavior .

" Complain all you want and you still won't get your beloved scepter of control " 

" We don't have a chance against them " Millie reported to me .

I hope Lucy is doing fine with securing the star's sanctum .

Menawhile

Lucy's Pov

I go to the secret chamber just to discover Cynthia trying to remove a glassbox containing the amulet of immortality . I charged her before she lays her hand on it . I punch her in the stomach and her body fall down .

" Not so fast , Cynthia " I said .

" Are you still mad that you are not a human ? " she get back up .

" I don't even know what you are talking about . Let's get this done " I run to her direction and do a roundhouse kick to knock her down .

" Not everything must be physical , Luciana " she use her magic to knock me down .

" So , you are playing your magic on me now ? "

" Who says that a fight must be physical ? "

" Fine , let's play this your way . I've had far worse than this before " I put on the bagel of strength on my left wrist .

I feel that my blood pumps faster than before . She start to attack me with her magic but I dodge it quickly . I grab her arm and throw her body to the floor . 

" That really hurts . But , don't worry I have plenty of tricks on my sleeve "

She try to crush me using 2 bookshelves . But , I  don't feel anything at all .

" Hi , Lucy . I come here to help you " Dalia emerge from a portal .

" Who send you here ? " I ask her . 

" Vivian knew all of you will need her help and that's why she send me to help you with fighting Cynthia "

" Enough talking , we need to prevent her from stealing another relic "

" You are too late , Luciana " Cynthia said before she dissapeared .

" Fuck , we failed to prevent her from stealing another relic  " I cursed under my breath .

" No need to be so hard on yourself , Lucy " Dalia reassures me .

" Where is Vivian ? "

" Helping your friends get the scepter of control back "

Everina's Pov

When all hope is lost , Vivian appear out of nowhere and start to attack the spirits .

" I am afraid that scepter belongs to them " Vivian said before she launch her attack on the spirits above .

" Thank you for coming , Vivian " I reply .

" I am always available for someone in need of my help " she answer back .

" There " Millie point to a spirit that is holding the scepter .

Vivian shot that spirit with a blast of magic and the scepter of control fall down . Nancy and Savannah are battling with the spirits to get the scepter . The one who catch the scepter before it fall on the floor is Amanda .

" Catch this , Everina " she throw the scepter to me .

I catch the scepter of control .

" No more fun for you spirits . See you never again " the spirits are trying to hold on not wanting to be trapped inside the scepter .

" This is not what she promised us " one of the spirits complained before it get sucked in .

All of the spirits are once again trapped inside the scepter of control . I see a portal opening and it reveal Lucy and Dalia .

" Is the star's sanctum safe ? " I ask her .

" Cynthia broke in and stole another relic " Lucy admit .

" Not again . Which one is it now ? " 

" Unfortunately , it is the amulet of immortality " Dalia admit .

Oh no , why did she have to steal the powerful one ?

Meanwhile

Victoria's Pov

My relationship with Vivian is still a mess . I am sleeping inside my mansion in piece until a voice interrupted my beauty sleep .

" Are you Victoria Valor ? " a mysterious female voice ask inside my head .

" Yes . Who am I speaking to ? "