Chapter 19

Everina's Pov

I am at the underlair with Lucy and Millie. We are still waiting for Vivian's arrival.

" Looking for me ? " we turn our head to find Vivian staring at me.

" Since we're already here, can we talk about the ring ? " I ask.

" I need to explain something to the three of you. I must warn you this is not associated with the ring "

" Carry on " Millie eagerly said.

" Cynthia is not Barbara Rosemary's biological daughter. She was adopted by Barbara because she knew that Cynthia would become the greatest witch after she died "

" If Cynthia isn't her daughter, then who is her biological daughter ? " Lucy curiously ask.

" Embrace yourself before I said the truth. I am Barbara's biological daughter. I hope that answers your question. Anyways, Barbara's biological daughter ran away from her and that is why she decided to adopt Cynthia. However, Barbara knew that her biological daughter will never be as great as her. After all, she was the greatest witch at the time. If she is the greatest witch of the time, her descendant will not be as powerful as her. The title of the greatest witch of the time will move to someone else who is not blood related with her "

" Which is why she adopted Cynthia " Millie reply.

" Exactly "

" Can she rise back from the dead ? " I ask.

" Not can but she will rise back from the dead. We can only hope that her time to rise back from the dead is not now. Because once she rise back from the dead , we have no chance to fight her "

" Can Cynthia defeat her ? " Lucy ask again.

" Cynthia is not as powerful as Barbara. That is why she will need help if she want to defeat Barbara. It requires 4 other witches from the same clan to win against Barbara "

" What do you mean by clan ? " Millie ask for the first time.

" Long ago, we witches are divided into clans like the wood clan or the rose clan. I myself is a part of the rose clan because my back name is Rosemary. Cynthia and Dalia are also a part of rose clan "

" That means you and Dalia can help Cynthia if she want to defeat Barbara " 

" Indeed. But, I doubt it if Cynthia want to fight against Barbara. Cynthia already thought of Barbara as her own mother which will make it harder for her "

" So until now she still thought of Barbara as her own mother ? "

" I am afraid so yes "

" Is there any way that the ring of resurrection can help us fighting against Barbara ? "

" I am afraid that it can only be used for bringing people back from the dead "

" Are there any other relics that might help us win against her ? "

" Maybe, the scepter of control or the bagel of strength can help you "

" We know how to use the scepter of control. But, we don't know how to activate the bagel of strength "

" If you want to activate the bagel, you must let it meet the moonlight "

" Can't it use the sunlight instead of the moonlight ? " Millie ask.

" It can only be activated with the moonlight. If you let it meet the sunlight, it will destroy the bagel of strength to pieces "

" Since you are Barbara's biological daughter, I think you might know her weakness " Lucy is leaning against the wall.

" I am afraid that I do not have a clue at all about her weakness "

" How many years you lived with Barbara ? " Lucy's gaze at Vivian hardens like steel.

" Only eight years before I ran away "

" Was she a terrible mother ? " I ask.

" She would always force me to practice my magic hoping that I might be the next greatest witch after her . But, after several years, she gave up on me "

" Can you read our fate ? "

" I can not. But all I know about the six of you is that you and your descendant will never have a normal life no matter how hard you want them to have a normal life. You will deal with supernatural problems for your whole entire life until the last of your breath. Any other questions ? "

" I think we're good. We'll get going now, Vivian "

" I am always here to help, Everina and the supernaturalist stars "

Meanwhile

Cynthia's Pov

I make a portal through their secret chamber where they keep their relics. I reach out my hand to grab what it feels like a long stick. I pull it out to find a scepter with a big white crystal on top and the scepter's body is black as night. 

" This must be what they call the scepter of control. Should I have a little fun with this ? "