Chapter 16

Next week's saturday

At Spring Blossom hotel

Clark's Pov

It's the annual Spencercorp anniversary gala. I am greeting the guests while waiting for Millie.

" I thought that Millie is coming here with you. Why isn't she here yet ? " Dave ask.

For your information, Dave is the owner of this hotel and I already asked for his permission to use the ballroom.

" She is still not done with her make up " I reply casually.

" Who is still not done with her make up ? " Nancy ask.

" Millie "

" Where is she now  ? "

" In the make up room "

" I'll see how she's doing " Nancy run to the make up room.

" Don't leave me here alone, Nancy " Hugo start to chase her.

" I am sorry that you need to witness that " Justin laugh.

" No,no I get what Hugo feels "

" I am gonna go grab a drink " Savannah said.

" Go ahead, Savannah " Justin reply.

" How many people are here ? " Dave ask.

" I think I invited over a thousand people "

Meanwhile

Millie's Pov

I am still in the make up room waiting for my dress to arrive. My blonde hair is tucked in a braided  bun and I am already done with my make up. Suddenly, someone push open the door. Nancy comes in with her blue dress with a gold belt on her waist.

" Why are you still here ? " Nancy ask.

" My dress hasn't arrived yet " I lazily reply.

" I demand that you call Clark now "

I take my phone out and call Clark. 

" What's wrong,Millie ? "

" Give me that " Nancy snatch my phone away.

" Hey, what was that for ? "

" YOU BETTER HEAR THIS WITH YOUR EARS. MILLIE'S DRESS HASN'T ARRIVED YET AND SHE'S STILL IN THE MAKE UP ROOM WAITING FOR THE DRESS " Nancy scream to the phone.

" I will call the store now "

" I bet your guest is waiting for her. Now, I have one teeny tiny question for you, Clark. Why didn't you call the store to deliver the dress yesterday rather than today ? "

" I wanted the dress to be delivered yesterday but they said that yesterday they could not deliver the dress because the delivery car's schedule is full "

" Then, why did you order the dress from that store in the first place ? " Nancy's argument with Clark is starting to heat up.

" It is my mother's regular store for dresses "

" Let me tell you something, Clark. Next time if you want to order a dress, you can order it from me "

" I do not know that you have a store of your own "

" Correction, I have my own fashion brand that already has multiple stores " Nancy sassily reply.

" I will end this call now. I need to call the store first. Bye, Millie "

" Bye, Clark " I take my phone back from Nancy.

" He should've ordered the dress from my own brand so this kind of fiasco wouldn't happen "

" You heard what he said, right ? "

" I did. But, thank goodness I told him that I have my own fashion brand "

Clark's Pov

I get out of the ballroom and I call the store.

"Yes, what can I help you with, Mr. Spencer ?" the operator ask.

" Excuse me, why is my wife's dress has not arrive yet ? "

" Please wait for a while. I am locating the delivery car's location "

I  tapped my feet to the floor impatiently while waiting for the operator's answer.

" I am sorry to inform you that  the delivery car is stuck in traffic, Mr. Spencer "

" How far is the delivery car ? "

" 15 minutes away from your current location, Mr. Spencer "

" What is causing the traffic to be so long ? "

" A car broke down in the middle of the road "

" Is there any other alternative ? "

" I am afraid there isn't any other alternative, Mr. Spencer "

" Please make the traffic over " I mumble under my breath.

" The road is flowing smoothly again, Mr. Spencer. Five minutes again ,the delivery car will arrive at your location "

" Yes, yes, yes " I mumble to myself.

" Thank you very much for your service "

" Our customers are our top priority, Mr. Spencer "

The operator text me the driver's number.

" I have arrived. Where should I put the dress ? " the driver ask me.

" The make up room. It's in the first door on the left at the third floor "

" Thank you for the information "

Millie's Pov

I heard someone is knocking on the door. Nancy open the door for me.

" Excuse me, are you Millie Sterling ?" a man ask.

" Thank you very much. She is Millie Sterling " Nancy grab the dress from the man.

She close the door.

"Now, let's get you in this dress " she hand the dress to me.

I change into the dress. I get out from the changing room and reveal the dress to Nancy.

" What do you think ? "

" Omg, you look so gorgeous. Despite the late arrival of the dress, I gotta say Clark has a good sense of fashion "