•Chapter 7•

~Alexa~

I decided against going to a spa or a mall and that was the worst mistake I'd ever made. I would have stayed on my bed and kept video chatting my friends, the other girls who modelled for my mum.

My mother was the owner of a fashion line, Helen clothing and cosmetics. I modelled for her but, sadly, didn't get paid for it.

The other girls that model for my mum were the only actual friends that I got. Well except for a few people who go to the same school as me.

For some reason we're not allowed to be friends with people who aren't rich. I'm neutral about it but I don't know about my brother, Alex.

Speaking of Alex, he called me downstairs and told me that he was going to Davie's this evening. It's like our favourite place to hang out. I told him that I'll be right back and I just needed to change.

I put on comfy clothes, pulled my brown hair up in a high ponytail, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs in minutes.

As I descended, Alex yelled my name and told me to stop doing something.

"What is it now?" I thought, as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Stop doing what?" I asked, sincerely confused.

"Uh... nothing. Never mind."

"Okay, weird," I answered, "Are you ready?"

I glanced at him.

My brother usually doesn't care about what he wears. I mean as far as it was clothing material and it was for males, he put it on.

The worst part was that whatever he put on he looked stunning in it.

I don't know if he knew that but he didn't seem to care.

A security guy walked in and told us that a guy was waiting for Alex outside.

"Who would that be?" I wondered as we walked outside.

I was surprised to see a light skinned black guy standing in front of our house. He looked familiar to me.

"Uh...hey," I said to him.

Then I turned to Alex with a raised brow.

"You didn't tell me he was coming."

Our eyes met and he knew what I was thinking.
But he just said, " Well, he is. C'mon," and walked off.

I turned back to the guy.
"You're...?"

"Trevor."
I studied him, wondering why Alex wanted to hang out with him.

There was silence for a while.
" Yeah..." he replied and left to meet Alexis.

***

The ride in the limo was awful.
Firstly, it was Alex's limo so he called the shots. Plus, he and Trevor chatted all through while I sat staring out through the tinted window.

Alex was saying something about drinking alcohol.
"I'm gonna drink tonight too, Alex," I mummured.

"No, you're not," he replied.

"What? Why? That's not fair."

"You know you can't handle it," he said with a smirk.

Dang. I knew I couldn't.
The last time I did, horrible things happened.

With a deep scowl on my face, I turned away from them while they resumed chatting.

It wasn't just about drinking.