•Chapter 12•

~Alexa~

"Alex!!!" I screamed, staring in horror at the burnt patch on my bedroom floor.

The door opened and Alex walked in.
"Yeah?" he asked just before noticing the black patch on the floor.

"What the heck happened here?"

I sighed.
"I was on my bed and...I can't believe I'm saying this but, I was texting someone on my phone and then my hands started glowing. I was startled so I shook my hands and then a streak of lightening shot out of them and zapped the floor. And...that's how the patch appeared," I said, gesturing to the ground.

I folded my arms, looking expectantly at Alex. A slow grin started to spread across his face.

"So, you still don't believe all this crazy stuff, huh?" he said smugly.

"Shut up Alex. It isn't funny."

Alex's smug appearance vanished instantly and was replaced with weariness.

"I'm having problems of my own, Lex," he said, "First, I dunno if you noticed but we just woke up on Saturday and the last time we were awake it was a Friday morning."

I cocked my head to the side. How didn't I notice that?

"Another thing, I've been acting kinda clumsy lately. I've been dropping things and breaking stuff. It's like my hands are thinking faster than my brain."

I blinked at him.
"How's that a problem? Your hands normally just think faster than your brain. It's just you."

"Oh, shut up," he said, turning to walk out of the door.

"Wait!" I yelled. He turned around.
"What do you think?" I asked, referring to the lightening powers.

He shrugged and stroked his chin as if deep in thought.
Then he brushed his hands through his hair and let it loose. It fell on his shoulders.
"I dunno," he said finally. "You said...lightening? Wow."

I looked down at my hands. They seemed perfectly fine.
I looked back up and out the window.
The clouds were gathering. I frowned.

Thinking of rain now just made me shudder.
As I looked back out the window, almost instantly, the clouds disappeared.

"Honestly, I just hope you're hallucinating."

"Oh, so now it's like this? When it was your turn you were reasoning perfectly. Now it's mine, you hope I've gone crazy?!" I said indignantly.

"Look Lex, the things happening are already crazy enough. I just wish it won't get any crazier than it already is."

"Alex, can we just talk about what's been happening? This stuff about kingdoms and spirits and magic? Is it real or are we-" I started but was cut off by Alex's sigh.

"Lex, maybe later this evening. For now, I gotta go to the gym, okay?"

"Wow. I'm surprised you can even act normal after all this going on."

"I'm trying," he said and walked over to my room window.

I sat down on my bed and brought my hand up to my face.

I dunno if it was real, but I started to see tiny blue sparks flowing through hand and in between my fingers. I shook my hands vigorously.

Suddenly, Alex inched backwards.
"It's drizzling." He said, sticking his hands out the window.

I decided not to tell him about what just happened.
I breathed out and looked back at my hand.
The sparks were gone.

"Huh, that's weird," Alexis said.

"What?" I asked.

"It's the weather. It just stopped raining abruptly. The weather has been crazy these days. It's been so unpredictable and unstable."

Oh, he didn't notice.
Suddenly, something flashed through my mind. My brows creased in confusion and then I widened my eyes in realization.
"No..." I muttered.
"What?" Alex asked, walking over to my door. His hand was already on the handle.

"Oh. Nothing. Just...nail polish...wrong colour."

"Oh...Kay?" were his last words before he left, shutting the door behind him.

I let out a huge sigh.
I brought my knees upward and wrapped my hands around them.

"I'm just a cute, little fashion model. I love pink and nice shoes and make up and...just being a diva. I don't believe in magic," I recited to myself, rocking back and forth on the bed.

Suddenly, lightening flashed out of my hands. I yelped.
The lights flickered and came back on.

I hurriedly opened my bedside drawer, pulled out my gloves and put them on, cradling my hands to my chest, trying to breathe steadily.

A heavy wind flew past, making the windows rattle and the curtains billow. Then I got weary all of a sudden and fell on my bed, my eyes closing slowly 'til I blacked out.

---------------
Hi there!

I dunno what to say rn:-)

But thanks for reading!
Also, pls vote and comment, thank you<3

~Ash.