•Chapter 16•

§Tanya§

"...centuries ago, it was a usual practice. Every winter, the kingdom of death attack. Summer is their energizing season, so they prepare for Reina.

"Winter is usually the time that Reina is shooken and weak. The seven spirits of Reina are needed most this season.

"You see, the kingdom of death have always wanted just one thing. To be the greatest kingdom in the whole world. Their ultimate mission is to conquer all the kingdoms and take over."

"But they've never attacked ankor, why?" Alexis asked Chang, fiddling with his chocolate brown locks casually.

"Ankor is literally the anchor that holds all the kingdoms together. Buda made it that way. And ankor had no magical aura. It's for a reason. It's like the safest, remote location to go and stay for a runaway magician...that'll explain why the spirits fled to reside there, to flee from the hands of Shu," Chang mused.

"Does Christianity and Islamism relate to magic?" I asked.

"Yeah! Even gothic magic?" Lucy added.

"That'll be a question for the Buda. For me, I believe that it's just the people of ankor's way of believing in their own magic."

"What about...voodoo?" Trevor asked.

"All I know is that real magic happens where it's actually needed. The people of ankor just believe what they want to believe.

"Where were we? Oh, yes! The kingdom of death. The Shu prepare for war and they attack every winter. But Reina joins forces with Horei to counter Shu's attacks.

"They prepare their strongest diviners, the adult magicians who are experienced in magic. They train and brace themselves for the attack of Shu. Reina, with Horei's help, always wins this war. This is thanks to the Seven sacred spirits of Reina. The kingdom of death don't stand a chance against the diviners of Horei, Reina, the two spirits of Horei and the Seven spirits of Reina."

"So, how did Reina get destroyed then?" the other girl I didn't know asked.

"That brings me to the story of the last war." Chang took a deep breath. "When Reina still used to be the most powerful kingdom, they were always prepared, so they never lost the war.

"This was until a certain time in the kingdom when the Shirah, the ruler of the kingdom, was a man who was called Daesener. The time of his kingship was when Reina fell.

"Now, don't get me wrong. The Shirah was a good king. He was wise and powerful as they say. The problem was his children.
Before someone becomes the Shirah, they get coronated and are given the black box of Reina to own and control.

"The time before the last war, the present Shirah was going to hand down the box to his most trusted son and that son would become the new Shirah.

"The coronation came and left. The box was locked in a secret room and was guarded with powerful magic.
At that time, the people of Reina were under serious training and preparation so no one really thought much about the box. The war was fast approaching.

"As the stories say, things were tense. Two days before the war, the kingdom received a horrible news. The magical box of Reina was gone.

"The kingdom searched everywhere but the box was nowhere to be found.
The Shirah was in distress. He couldn't sleep.
The soon to be Shirah, his first son, too was deeply agitated.

"He and his father were blamed for the disappearance of the box. Reina was troubled. Without their seven spirits, they knew their chances of winning the war were slim.

"The day of the war came. The spirits were still missing. The diviners had to go to war anyway. As it was, the kingdom of Shu were winning the war. Reina was losing and their numbers were depleting fast.

"The Shirah looked scared and confused. Bravery evaporated from him.
Both sides kept attacking until...

"A dark figure appeared in the middle of the battle and suddenly everyone stopped fighting.The figure radiated power, too much to be contained possibly in one person at a time. 'Auda!' Daesener yelled in rage, 'my son...'

'Do not call me your child.' Auda said. 'You have never acknowledged me. You always overlooked me like I was never important. You never loved me or considered me as one of your children. Since you wouldn't give me the recognition I sought, I decided to take everything I want myself.

'I have no shame, no fear to announce that I stole the box and I have inhabited all of Reina's spirits. I shall destroy all the kingdoms, rebuild it and make it my own.'

'You fool! No one can handle the seven spirits all at once. You would die and cause destruction. Relinquish the spirits now before it's too late,' the king ordered.

'Never! I want destruction. I love destruction. Let everything destroy if I can't have it all!'

"Auda had gone crazy. He couldn't handle the spirits. Lights of different colours sparked and flew all around him.
He began to glow. Soon, he was encased in a mist of white radiance. He shone with so much light and power.
He began to grow and his body radiated immense heat.

"Everyone knew what was about to happen. They began to flee. The Shirah knew that Auda was going to explode. He knew there was nothing he could do about it. It was irrevocable at this point, too late.

"But the Shirah knew that before Auda would explode, he could remove all the spirits from him.
But, the Shirah knew that once he casted that magic, he wouldnt be able to control or inhabit any spirit again. He would be powerless...he would die.

"The Shirah began to chant. Auda countered but he couldn't control himself. The Shirah finished the spell.
The spirits began to disperse from Auda's enormous, looming figure. Then the Shirah spoke. 'When all the spirits are gone, they shall go places I know not of. But one day, they shall come back to Reina, but you, Auda, shall never be of Reina again. I disown you. Your spirit shall always be in war with Reina and Reina would never accept you again.'

"Daesener began to sizzle. His body began to dissolve.

'I shall keep my promise father!' Auda screamed, his body now surrounding the entire sky, looming over the kingdom. He exploded in a flash of white light. The spirits escaping from him, fleeing to an unknown location and Reina was destroyed in the explosion."

We were all silent for a while.
The only sounds heard were the chirping of crickets and the rustling of the pumpkin orange leaves of Shu trees.

Chang got a call.
It wasn't a call from his mobile phone or anything.
He actually slid a ring out of his pinkie finger and I saw that it was glowing white.

He flicked the ring and it hung midair.
Instantly it transformed into a mirror.

The mirror floated in the air.
I saw a man's face appear in the mirror.

He looked young and handsome.
He had sandy blonde hair and pleasant brown eyes.

"Are they ready?" he asked. His voice was soft and smooth.

Chang nodded.
"Alright, I'll be waiting," the man said and the mirror vanished, turning back into a ring.

Chang stepped forward and caught the ring before it fell.

"So, what now?" my brother asked.
"We get straight to business," Chang replied.

For the second time today, we all disappeared.

--------------
They're always disappearing!

Votes and feedback are needed and appreciated.

~Ash.