•Chapter 30•

[Trevor]

In all the seventeen years of my existence, I've never been afraid of animals or critters.

Ok, I'll admit if I find a roach on my body I'll definitely jump and scream or run out of the room moving my hands frantically around my body.

But who wouldn't?

But besides the surprise attacks, they never really bothered me. I had pets when I was younger. I wasn't scared of spiders like my sister or terrified of horses like my older brother Henry.(Don't tell them I said that.)

Seeing a winged flea roughly the size of my dads Sport Utility Vehicle buzzing less than ten feet away from me, I concluded that the next time an ant crawled on my body, I would need to go for therapy sessions.

I sat on the black dusty ground with my friends( I think I can call them that now) as still as stone, staring at the monstrous creature in front of me.

I shook like I had a bad fever and my heart beat at an irregular rhythm.

Alexis turned slowly to look at us and I saw fear in his eyes as he did. But I also saw something else.

The flea monster stood in front of us, studying each of our faces (at least that's what I thought he was doing.)

He had very huge light green eyes on either side of his head and I think I imagined some liquid flowing in them.

I shuddered.

"Guys. Teleport. Now," Alexis whispered.
We all tried but it didn't work.

"I think the we have to wait till we recharge," Maddie said.

"Great,"  I mummured.

"How...is this great Trevor?" Tanya asked.
Suddenly, Alexis stood up.

"Dude...What are you doing?" I asked as I shifted backwards further.

Did he think he could kill this monster?

Alexis slowly walked forward as we held our breaths till he stood like three feet from the creature which was still stiff like some moulded sculpture.

Okay, Alexis had officially lost it.

He was still standing in front of the monster when he took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"It's all my fault," he started.

I cocked an eyebrow.

"I got you guys into this. From the look of things there's nothing we can do now to leave Shu. I think I have to kill this monster and wait till we recharge then we teleport out of this place."

Wait. He actually believed we could kill the monster.

My eyes widened at the sudden realization of the height of Alexis's stupidity.

Honestly, my first plan was to run the other way and hide but I guessed the monster would charge at us and I did not want to see that thing run.

So I stood up shakily and walked over to Alexis's side.

His eyes lit up when he saw me, probably happy that he wasn't the only crazy person amongst us.

We looked at each other and nodded, knowing what we had to do.

Alexis reached for the nape of his neck and pressed a button behind his necklace. A long, blue staff materialised in his hands.

He wrapped his hand around the chain of his necklace.

Then he yanked it.
Instantly, Alexis transformed into his suit.
I smirked.

"Okay, that was cool," I said.