•Chapter 22•

~Alexa~

Seeing my brother running around, doing crunches and lifting weights made me nostalgic for the days that were normal in our lives.

Not that we can't still do dour daily activities. We can, but it's just not the same.

Alex usually goes to the town's gym on weekends. On weekdays, he does his workout in the gym at home.

Today was Monday.
I felt refreshed and energised. You know, like when you just had an amazing spa day.

Many people don't know this about me: I love art.

I like drawing and painting and even carving and sculpting sometimes.

In my elementary school, I was always the best artist in my class and the whole school. Even up till middle and early high school.

But now that I'm almost graduating, I don't really draw for the public anymore. I still draw, but only I get to see it.

I have a special thick sketchpad that I doodle in or do some serious drawings when I feel like it.

I just finished day 7 of my 30 day drawing challenge.
I'm supposed to draw a clothing material.
Trust me on that one.

I drew this amazing short princess dress with opening at the sides.
When I was done, I walked to the last floor to check on Alex.

We had to go to school this morning.

The door to the gym was closed when I got there.
I pushed it open and walked in to see Alex sitting on a bench press.

He didn't even flinch when I walked in.
Which was weird because I always make sure everyone knows when I walk into a room.

He was staring at the floor, fiddling with the cross on the necklace Bru gave him.

"Hey Alex."
He looked up at me.

"Hey," he answered and returned his attention to  his jewellery.

I stood there looking at him in concern.
He tugged at the necklace until he accidentally tugged too hard that the chain escaped from his neck with a chink.

Suddenly, something blue started to spread from his neck, flowing all around his body.

He dropped the necklace in surprise and stood up.

In a few moments, Alex was covered in a body suit.

It was dark blue all through. It was perfect fit and had a turtle neck.

Silver lines ran from his shoulders down to his legs.

In the middle of his chest was a silver lightening symbol circumscribed in a black circle.

The suit gleamed like aluminium foil in sunlight.

It looked like it was made of thick leather but it also looked brittle, like it could get torn if he made a sudden movement.

"Woah."
Alex was speechless.

"The body suit... amazing...woah," I muttered, stepping forward to touch the suit.

Alex patted his body repeatedly, pulling on the suit.
His hands were covered and I noticed there was a white circle in the middle of each of his palms.

He moved his arms around his chest. As his hands connected with the circle on his chest, the suit vanished.

Alex and I were startled.

"What happened?" he asked, picking up the pendant.

"I have no idea."

He put the necklace back on and yanked it again.