•Chapter 31•

[Trevor]

"How did you know we were here?" Alexa asked.

"I called Maddie," Lucy answered. "She didn't pick up so I already knew what she was up to."

"I arrived in Horei first," Lucy continued. "but I didn't see you guys anywhere so I came to Shu. I tried calling you guys with the accessories but it still didn't work. Coincidentally, I appeared really close by and I heard some sounds coming from this direction. Thank Buda I came just in time, because things weren't looking too good. Like, how crazy can it get? A giant flea with wings?"

She laughed at the absurdity.

They all started to converse and while she was distracted, I noticed that the flea monster was starting to break through Lucy's shadow magic.

Cracks formed on the frozen creature and suddenly, it broke free finally from its binding.

The monster shreiked.

I can't really explain the sound it made. Just think of how an enormous flea would sound when it just won the lottery and all the money was sent to it's bank account but then...it just forgot its bank account password.

Then you're good to go.

Anyway, before we knew what was happening, the monster swept Lucy up with one disgusting leg and took her into the air with it.

"AAAAH!" Lucy screamed, her arms flailing desperately as the flea buzzed around in crazy circles.

Beside me, Alexis sighed and cursed as he sped forward with unnatural speed.

I didn't understand what was happening as Alexis rose to the air at a point and flew towards the flea monster.

Alexis could fly?

He got hold of Lucy and pried the flea's leg of her.

She fell and landed on the ground with a biff.

"Ugh..." she groaned.

Alexis wrestled with the flea monster until he was thrown to the ground too with a heavy force that he yelled in pain.

"Alex!" Alexa screamed, her eyes filled with anger.

It was also filled with some blue sparks that made her look pretty scary.

She stretched her arm out to the buzzing, airborne creature and a streak of lightening shot out of her palm.

It hit the flea and it dropped down to the ground, screeching and jerking as it's winged buzzed frantically.

Smoke billowed from its body and the smell of burnt flea filled the air.

We all paused, all eyes on the monster to see if it was really dead.

No such luck.

The monster shakily rose to its legs and its wings aligned themselves in a manner that they were all straight and pointing forward, aiming at us.

The wings of the flea left its body and shattered mid air as it whizzed through, coming straight at us in millions of pieces.
Tanya lifted her arms up and the dome of white glowing light concealed us yet again.

The shards of wings hit the sheild and rebounded but the flea was smarter this time and ducked.

The wings all flew to the ground behind it and were embedded on the ground.

Tanya lowered her arms and winced from the effort. She must have used up a lost of energy.

Lucy looked surprised at the new ability but she didn't say anything.