maybe i don't hate china

i sit on the metro train without my earphones, listen to the white noise i never get to hear. it's sort of relaxing, like a meditation of the city life i never stop to notice. at the overground section i stop to stare outside, and shenzhen isn't really as boring and ugly as i give it credit for. the tall buildings upon a background of green mountains calls back to those hong kong dreams. and in the evening when i'm in my grandparents' car looking out the window, the city lights give a foreign sense of wonder as the streets pulse in gold just outside the car.

i've come to this country with a negative impession already. yes, the days are a little dull, but this place certainly isn't barren and tragic.

and, okay, i have more to say about the play. it must be rough for the actors, acting out their dreams in little theatre rooms in half-abandoned buildings. maybe they're fulfilled, or maybe they're longing to performing for a bigger stage where they can be well known. they all seem genuine and lovely and i wish the best to all of them. the actors come and go for each role, but i hope they can keep this art of performance alive and they can keep pursuing their passion - that sort of thing gets harder all the time - and i hope their pay is okay haha.

i'm staring at the city skyline and the silence of the night is a little comforting. i fall into quiet conversation with my dad, hands draping around the balcony railing. this certainly isn't home, but i think a part of me will be in this city forever, drinking tea in shopping malls and wishing i could feel more towards this place.