Angst

Jace

"What the fuck was that?" I repeated over and over inside my brain. I've never actually seen her bleed. I have never brought blood, but I can't say that for my friends and girlfriend, but never in front of me. I have always been fine going after Reign, and tonight was no different, but when I saw her blood, something stirred in me. I just don't get it though. I'm trying so hard to place this feeling.

I could hear Stella screeching at me but not exactly what she was saying. I was dragging her from the woods by her thin arm. I just couldn't focus on her words. Was it anger I was feeling? Yes, somewhat, but my wolf Jinx was scratching around in my head. He was angry, not me.

"Jace, I said let me go! You're hurting me." Stella screamed while smacking at my hands.

"Stella, just go home!" I screamed without meaning too.

"NO! What the fuck Jace? Why are you acting like this? She is just a pathetic bitch. Your favorite chew toy!" she said angrily.

"That may be so, but you brought blood. We don't do that. She is still a part of this pack." I said low.

"Oh please. She is just an orphan slut. She doesn't even belong to this pack really. I mean come on, her parents probably killed themselves because of the shame of having her as a daughter." she laughed.

I just stand there and look at her. She is beautiful, but poison. I just keep looking. She is dead serious. She really thinks that. That statement for some reason is just hitting me wrong.

"You need to watch your fucking mouth. I don't care how much we hate her, you never say something like that. Do you understand me?" I say in a harsh voice as she just rolls her eyes.

"Look Jace, I don't know what is up with you tonight, but you better pull yourself together. You turn twenty-one next week. You will be taking over as Alpha. If you can't pull your head out of your ass and get rid of the rubbish in this pack, how am I supposed to be your proud Luna?" she screamed.

What? Where the hell did that come from? My proud Luna? Why did that feel like a horrible thing right now. For some reason she was really grating on my nerves tonight, but not until I saw the blood. She made her bleed. I don't know why that is bothering me so much, but it is really making me angry as well as my wolf.

"You know Stella, there's a possibility that you may not be my Luna. I may still find my fated mate. Just go home. I'll talk you later." I said as I turned and walked away.

"Jace! Jace, we are not done here!" she screeched.

"For tonight we are!" I said as I continued to walk away.

I walked away as fast as I could, so I wouldn't do anything stupid. I headed towards the Pack house. Luckily, Stella lives a few houses down from the Pack house so I don't have to hear her whining. I've already blocked her link to me for the night. I just couldn't stand her constant blathering tonight. My mind is in turmoil. I can't even stand to look at Reign, so why did this bother me so bad?

I heard small footsteps climbing the stairs to the Alpha suites. Then I smell it, the unmistakable smell of copper. It was her. She was home. I usually try to leave her alone when she is home. Since she has no one else, she lives with us in the suite. I found out years ago she wasn't really my cousin. But as an Alpha order I am unable to share that with anyone. I don't know her story, but I could smell she was not my bloodline.

Goddess, I hope my parents don't smell the blood. I can hear her walking as quietly as possible, but with my senses, I could hear her. She stopped just outside my door for a moment, then she sighed and walked to the room across the hall. Her room. I always try to ignore her as much as possible, but tonight I was hyper aware for some reason. I heard the soft click of her lock. I padded over to my shut door and leaned my forehead on it. I just listened. I heard the shower turn on and could hear the change in water pattern as she stepped in. I started to turn around and go back to my bed, then I heard it. It was very faint but I could make it out.

Sobbing. She was crying as quietly as she could, using the sound of the shower to drown out her small mules. Jinx started pacing back and forth in my head. He didn't like this. He didn't like her sobs. It had never bothered him before, but tonight, he was anxious. I linked Bryan and asked if he took her to the doc?

"I tried, but she refused. She said she would be fine after a shower and some rest." he replied.

"Did she come back by herself, or did you bring her?" I asked.

"By herself. She told me that she would be fine and that I could go. So I did. Why does it matter anyway? You hate her." he quipped back.

"She bled. I have never seen her bleed before, not in front of me. If this has happened before, tell me now." I all but Alpha ordered. What was wrong with me. Why did I care all of a sudden?

"Well, it happens every now and then, especially if Stella can find her alone. She loves the sight of her blood. Usually, though, she stays out till she heals up. Stella has told us over and over that you want her to bleed. You want her gone." he spat out.

A roar sounds through the link. Oh, wait, that was my wolf. I couldn't stop him. He was pissed and made it well known.

"Look, Jace, we have only done what you have told us too these past years." he simply stated.

"I never told any of you to bring blood. Did you ever hear those words come directly from me?" I said angrily. "No, you haven't."

"Got it, Alpha. No more blood, but you better have a chat with your Luna. She says she will end her one day." he replied.

"She's not my Luna. Just a hot fuck. I will talk to her, but I'm telling you now, it had better not ever happen again." I state. "I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted and my wolf won't rest. I'll contact you tomorrow."

"Yes Alpha." he replied and I ended the link.

I laid there for a few minutes and listened. I couldn't hear anymore sobs, just steady, even breathing. I laid my head back and tried to relax. Jinx would not stop pacing. I got a bottle of whisky and took two shots. Maybe that will help me relax an sleep. We can only hope.