Rouges

Writer's Note: Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy the book. Please vote and comment if you like the content. Today's playlist song is Come In Closer by Blue October.

---------------------------------------------------------
Jace

Staying away from Reign for two days was the hardest thing I've ever done. I stayed on the officers floor with Bryan in his suite. I could still smell her heat, but not so much that it was driving me insane. I had to leave her because I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself.

While I want pups, now is definitely not the time. Removing myself was the best option. I made sure all unmated males were restricted from the Alpha floor. Mated males can resist the pull, but unmated males would lose themselves.

I spent my days researching and training with Bryan and Alex. I could feel my strength increase with every second of training. We trained in both human and wolf forms.

The Lunar Warriors' powers are beginning to unleash in me. While fighting Delta Alex in wolf form, we noticed Jinx is larger than he was before mating Reign. My black and white splotches have turned mostly black now, with white mostly on my paws.

My strength in wolf form is triple over what I had before. Also, I am faster and more agile. We also noticed that Bryan and Alex were stronger and larger as well. Dad told me the whole pack would become stronger in order to protect Reign.

While Reign struggled in her heat, I buried myself in training. I have to be able to protect her better.

In my human form, we trained with weapons. I seemed to be able to master any weapon I used within minutes. Whether spear, daggers, or larger blades, I was able to use them spectacularly. My Beta and Delta had improved as well. I spoke to Alex, and he said all of the Warriors' strengths have improved.

I moved the White Claw Coven onto pack lands to better protect our pack and them. The top seer and head of the Coven, Lillianna, chose cabins near the back of the pack lands along the river. She was a beautiful woman with long silky black hair, tall and slender, and a beautiful soul. I have no idea how old she is, but her soul is very old. She steers clear whenever Bryan is near, but other than that, they are settling in well. They have full pack support and supplies.

Our trackers, including Alex, have come up empty on finding Stella. After about fifty miles, her scent disappears. There is a way to hide your scent if you know the proper herbs to ingest. I think she certainly had help in escaping, but no one is talking about it.

The Harth family has been silent. I can't do anything without proof. According to the spies, former Beta Harth is anxious but has done nothing to cause suspicion thus far.

The Nocturnos packs are silent. I have spies everywhere, who are very good at their job, and the information they have collected offers us nothing new. I am leaving them in place, however, just in case.

My dad had been helping me contact allied packs to see if they had heard anything. Sometimes, I think my dad is as frustrated as I am. He loves Reign just as his own. He has always treated her as a daughter. It used to bug me, but now I am so grateful.

Mom linked me in training this morning, informing me Reign's heat was over, and I'm through the moon. Unfortunately, it will be evening before I can go to her. More rest will not hurt her, so hopefully, she will not get upset.

I patrol the borders alone while trying to burn off some steam. I regularly run the borders with patrols to make sure everything is secure, but today, I chose to go towards the south border alone.