Farewell

Writer's Note:  Getting the plot moving now.  Hope you enjoy.   Todays playlist song is Just Wait by Blues Travler

-----------------------------------------------------------
Reign

Arriving back at the Pack house,  I couldn't wait to strip out of my dirty, sweaty clothes.  The shower with massage features was so on my mind right now.  Not to mention thinking of Jace sparing with Bryan, yeah definitely need to wash away those dirty thoughts. 

I never realized how muscular Jace is, or I guess I just haven't looked before,  but now, that's all I can think of.  His hard muscles,  dripping sweat as he fought...Reign get your mind out of the gutter!  Yep, maybe a cold shower.

After showering I decided to let my curls air dry for more bounce.  I apply light makeup.  What do you wear to an exile?  Black maybe?  No that would be like mourning and I'm definitely not doing that.  I'm not elated, but not really upset either.  I feel it's a just punishment, especially since they are not being turned rouge.

I flip through my wardrobe and come across a red dress.  It's semi-casual, so that should do it.  The dress has a plunging v neck but doesn't show to much.  It has an open back with black pearls surrounding the neckline.  It stops just above my knees.  It's new, but I don't remember purchasing it.  Pairing it with black stilettos and black pearl jewelry, and I'm done.

I step out into the hallway, but can hear Jace in his room still.  I knock gently on his door to his soft "come in."

His scent has gotten so much stronger over the past two days.  It comforts me just to inhale near him.  I look up, and spin around in shock.  He's standing there dripping wet, with just a towel around his hips.  Oh goddess save me! 

"Uh, I..argh..um.. I'll go now." I stammer out, and he bust out laughing.   He knew what he was doing.   He was trying to embarrass me.  Or was he trying to entice me?  Oh, this is so damn confusing.  This man, I swear I will ring his neck.

I stomp out, to his laughter and run for the den in a fit of anger.  He is such an ass. 

"But a cute ass!" Skye chirps.

"Be quiet!" I order her, and she just giggles.

I'm caught by surprise, seeing Luna Ruby sitting on the brown leather couch.  She is a vision as always.  Her honey colored locks are in a perfect bun and she is dressed in a red business pants suit, tailored to her. 

"I see you found the dress I purchased you yesterday.   I saw it and thought it fitting for today.  I knew you would look stunning in it.  I also didn't tell you, too see what you might choose." She says with a beautiful smile.

"Thank you Luna.  It's beautiful and I'm grateful for you consideration.' I say with a small bow.

"Nonsense.  You have always been like my daughter,  and now you will officially be tomorrow.   I can't wait.  Have you picked your gown for the celebration yet?" She asks.

"I have, but I want to surprise everyone,  so no hints.  Sorry my Luna." I say smiling back.

She laughs, and I hear Jace's door close and straighten.  I feel him place his arm around the small of my back,  and my heartbeat increases.  His presence is becoming more and more, interesting.

"You look beautiful, Reign.   Mom, you do as well.  Where's dad?" He asks.

"He'll be here soon, then we will take a car to the main security gate.  That is where you two, together will witness the Alpha expel them from the Pack." She informs.

"Got it.  I'm ready to be done with this." He replies.

Alpha Jarrett enters in a sharp suit and I  finally look at Jace. Oh my, he has on a tailored charcoal grey suit with a white dress shirt.  He is wearing a red silk tie and his black onyx cufflinks.   Yummy.  I did not just think that.

"Oh, but you did missy!" Skye spoke out with a wolfy giggle.

"Enough wolf commentary!" I sream at her and she just laughs.  Horny mutt! 

Alpha Jarrett is all business right now.  He just nods his head at us all and walks for the door. We all quickly follow.

Taking the elevator for once, no way I'm using stairs in these heels,  we all scoot in.  The tension is suffocating.   We all know what we have to do, but don't necessarily enjoy it.  It just has to be done and we are the executioners, so to speak.

We take two black SUV's, one for each couple,  with two bodyguards per couple.   More warriors will be waiting at the gate. 

As we pull up we can see the Harth and Johnson families waiting for us, with guards surrounding them. 

The vehicles stop and we all exit, and calmly walk up to the families.   Stella and Christy are crying to their fathers, the Beta and Delta.  This is going to be difficult.   While the Beta is telling Stella it's okay, and not her fault,  the Delta holds a fierce look at his daughter.   Christy has her head hung in shame.  I hear him tell her, lowly, how disappointed in her he is.  It seems to break her.

Alpha Jarrett clears his throat and begins speaking in his full Alpha tone.

"Today we are here for a matter I never thought I would have to see.  Stella and Christy, you have greatly disappointed me with your actions.  This is a rare occurrence in Obsidian Pack, which is usually harmonious.   You have both been found guilty of harm to another wolf from the Obsidian Pack with malicious intent.  Furthermore,  you voiced your intentions to cause further harm or death to said wolf." He speaks in a harsh voice.

I can feel the Alpha's aura explode from his body and it makes everyone weak in the knees, pushing you to submit.  But Jace, Luna Ruby,  and I stand firm against the push.  Everyone else present is forced to kneel.

The Alpha takes a deep, steadying breath and says, "Stella Ann Harth and Christy Leanne Johnson, I hearby banish you from Obsidian Pack,  never to return.   If you return to these lands, you will be imprisoned and executed.  I here so decree. Lupine Nocturnos Nil!" He bellows. 

As the four of us continue standing in our position, everyone else rolls in agony on the ground.  Yes, we felt the tether break, most of all Alpha Jarrett,  but we must appear to remain unaffected.  Everyone in the Pack would feel it, but their families would feel the worst of it. 

After a few agonizing minutes,  they begin to stand.   If looks could kill, I would be dead with the way Stella was gazing at me.  Christy is still only hanging her head and sobbing. 

The guards open the gate as they climb into their own vehicles and depart Pack grounds.   Their families wave goodbye, and turn walking back towards us.    The Delta family nod, and enter their family vehichle to proceed home.

Beta Harth stalks up to Alpha Jarrett and points his finger in the Alphas face in disrespect, screaming,"That little bitch better hope what goes around doesn't come back around!" Then stomps away.

We all take a deep breath and try to relax, which seems impossible right now.  None of us truly wanted this, but they chose their actions,  and actions have consequences. 

Each of us silently enter our vehicles and return to the Pack house.  Alpha Jarrett is somber, but he only did his job.  He protected his Pack. 

As evening approaches,  I sit by the fireplace and reflect on the days events.  Two pleasant experiences and one horrid.  It is par for the course lately.  Jace slides in beside me, wrapping his arms around me and just holds me, planting small kisses in my hair. 

He doesn't push me to talk or share, he only gives me comfort as I drift off to sleep in his arms.