After Party

Writer's Note: The story is starting to evolve, and I hope you enjoy! Please vote and comment if you enjoy. Todays playlist song is Radioactive by Imagine Dragons featuring Kendrick Lamar

-----------------------------------------------------------
Reign

After tonight's meeting, I'm feeling a bit awkward. Yes, these measures had to be taken, but I still feel bad. Hopefully, they will lead a good life at Red Moon Pack.

"What's going on in that head of your?" Jace asks, pulling me out of my daze.

"Just hating it had to come to this. It's not really what I want, but I'm afraid they won't stop and I will have to end them. I know this is for the best, but still." I say.

"I know, but it's not your fault. We didn't treat you well all these years. How about a run to clear your head?" He suggests.

"Sounds like an amazing idea! Skye is begging to be let out." I reply.

We head into the forest and find a couple of trees to strip and shift behind. Skye happily breaks through and much quicker than my first shift. I shake out my soft silver fur, feeling free at last. I prance out from the tree to see Jinx laying in the soft, damp leaves. He stands as I come near him and bumps heads with me. I walk by him rubbing down the entire side of my mate, intermingling our scents.

After a few minutes of love taps, we shoot away into the deep forest. Jinx is in the lead, even though I know I can overtake him. I'm just enjoying the run. We can hear all of the animals slinking in the woods, and a rabbit catches my attention, I chase after as quickly as possible. Jinx notices and makes it a competition. By the time we are finished competing, neither of us caught a single bunny. We ended up wrestling most of the time, but it was so much fun!

We come upon a clearing and decided to rest in the tall grass. We have been running and playing for hours. We plop down on the dewy grass next to one another. Jinx is cleaning my head and ears when we hear branches breaking nearby.

Within seconds, a brindle wolf enters the clearing growling. The smell hits me just as it stalks closer. Disgusting odors of stagnant mud and rotten oranges. Stella. She had the same scent in human form, but evidently, I'm the only one who ever noticed. Jace raises his hackles, and in an open link, ask what she wants and why she's there?

"I'm here for that bitch!" Stella shoots through the link.

"Never going to happen!" Jace answers back.

"Let me handle this." I say calmly.

Jace and Jinx try to refuse me, but I just walk around them and face Stella and her wolf, who Skye is saying its name is Rae.

"Wouldn't it just be best to drop this and move on?" I ask both her and her wolf.

"Never! I will take you to hell!" Stella answers but blocks her wolf's answer, meaning they could disagree.

We both leap at the same time, slamming into one another. I hit her harder, though, and her wolf sprawls on the ground, dazed.

I begin circling her. She finds her bearings and stands and lunges at me. I swat her sideways with my paw, and she nose dives in the dirt. She is getting angrier by the second, and it is causing her to fight badly, on emotion alone. She leaps at me again, and I grab her front right flank in my teeth as she is off the mark. I rip into her and smell the copper scent right away. I release her, hoping this will stop her, but she growls and starts standing. I dive for her grabbing her by the throat. She kicks me with her back paws, forcing release, so I dive for her throat again, obtaining a better grip and feeling blood in my mouth. I hold her down until she slacks, and I release her.

I raise completely to my full size, and she is dwarfed. She cowers and shows submission.

"Now you know who the Alpha female is, and it will never be you!" I say. "Too many years I let you all abuse me. Never again. I will be Luna, and you will be gone. I had felt a little guilty, but you just solved that for me. Thank you for your kind deed in relieving my conscience. Now, leave here and never return!"

She says nothing and runs off into the direction she had come from. Jinx walks over to me and starts cleaning my fur. Jace is in my mind telling me how well I did, and what an amazing wolf I am. I purr a bit at the compliments, and Skye is walking around strutting like a peacock. She has impressed her mate so she is riding high. I link back to Jace's mind and tell him I'm ready to go home.

We run back to the trees we shifted under and shift back, dressing again.

I walk out knowing I'm going to need a shower. Blood now cakes on my human skin. Jace appears and is a little upset at me fighting but so proud at the same time.

"It had to be done Jace, or I will never be respected by our Pack. I have to be a strong Luna to be able to lead and protect the Pack." I say.

"I know, but it's the mate thing. You being in danger terrifies me. But at the same time, you're an amazing fighter." He replies.

"Your mom and dad have been training me since I was three. I guess you never noticed. They knew I was special, and would need to be able to protect myself. I guess I will train with the Pack now. Anyways let's get back and get cleaned up. It's after 1 am. I'm tired from this past miserable day." I sigh.

He walks over grabbing my hand and leading us home. As we approach the Pack house his father is outside waiting for us.

"Was just made aware you took a couple chuncks out of Stella by Beta David." He offers.

"That I did. She attacked us in our run. I only put her in her place. Jace can vouch for what happened." I say.

"Davis says she's not healing properly and neither is Christy. It appears you have another power. Taking away or slowing healing on your enemy. We have to research this, but it's not a power I've ever heard of before from a silver wolf. But anything can happen with you I believe." He states.

"It could be useful in battle for sure, but we will need to see. I'm sure their wolves will heal them eventually." I say.

"Maybe, but it could be slower than normal. They will still be leaving tomorrow for Red Moon. I've already informed Nathan of the fight. I assumed you were likely attacked so that's what I told him the reason was. He understood and said he will have the Pack doctors there on standby for the injuries. I didn't explain what you are though. Why don't you two call it a night, get showered and sleep." He suggests.

"Sounds great Alpha Jarrett." I reply.

Jace remains silent as we go to the Alpha floor. I stop at my door and he wraps his arms around me, nuzzling my marking spot, causing shivers.

"My door will be unlocked if you need me. Just come in." He whispers.

"Ummm. We will see." I say lightly.

"Just don't forget okay? It's open always to you, my sweet." He says as pulling away.

"I understand." I say smiling. "I'm going to wash off all this gunk and go to bed, but if in the night I need you, I'll be there."

"That's all I ask." He says while opening his door.

I watch as the door closes, and retreat to my room. This day has been fantastic and horrible all at once. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?