Surprise

Writer's Note: Thank you for reading! Hope you are enjoying the book. Please vote and comment if you do. Today's playlist song is Stand By Your Man sung by Carla Bruni

------------------------‐---------------------------
Jace

Waking up with Reign in my arms is the greatest feeling in the world. Having her calming effect is exquisite. I don't want to wake her, so I lay as still as possible. I get a few more minutes before she stirs.

Through a sweet smile and sleepy eyes, she wishes me a good morning. We have slept a lot longer than normal, but after all of the excitement, it's expected.

"Good morning, my sweet." I rumble.

"Did you sleep well?" She asks.

"With you here by my side, I did." I say as kissing her forehead.

She smiles and snuggles into my chest. I want her so much, but this morning is going to be busy.

"I had a chat with your dad this morning. We discussed my past, and you and he have a lot to talk about." Reign states.

I'm taken a bit off guard, so I just agree and get one final moment with my mate before I have to face reality. Finally accepting my fate for the day, I pull away to get dressed. I opened the door to Loreli, who was about to knock.

She stops, fists midair, and smiles brightly.

"She's all yours!" I tell her, but I only hear her giggle.

I link my dad to see his location so we can get caught up on everything happening. While he is formerly Alpha, I greatly appreciate his council and wisdom. He informs me that he is still in his study, so I make my way there. The door is open, and coffee is waiting for me. Thank the Goddess for coffee.

I retrieve a cup of liquid gold and sit in the high back chair across from dad. He only looks at me for a period of time, and he is impossible to read. Finally, he inhales deeply and begins telling me everything he told Reign this morning.

I sit in silence and listen. Why is he only sharing this with me now? I should have been made aware before I ever took over the Pack. We actually have an alliance with the Vampire King. That would have been useful information from the start.

"Dad, when do you think we would be able to set up introductions?" I ask.

"As soon as possible. I will contact him this evening and see when he will be able to meet. It may take some time, however." Dad replies.

"I understand, I will get back to you on that. I'll excuse myself now, so much to do." I tell him.

He just nods in reply. I exit his office and decide to go watch Reign train for a while. I know she is getting stronger every day. Alex has attended some of her sessions and is extremely impressed with her skills.

Walking up to the training grounds, I see Reign and Loreli sparring with weapons in human form. Wow, they are both impressive. I watched for several minutes, deciding I want her to spar with me.

They finally broke for lunch, and a picnic lunch was provided for training. I sit with them, admiring my mate. She was dressed in lime green and purple workout clothes, a sports bra, and leggings.

"Don't you think you should wear a shirt, my sweet?" I ask Reign.

"We've had this discussion before. It's an obstacle and an advantage for your opponents." She replies.

I just laugh when she gets flustered like that. I offer to spar in wolf form with her, and Jinx agrees she needs to face a larger wolf to see her true power. Reign agrees, and Loreli excuses herself since I'm here. I dismiss her politely. Whenever we are done, I will call her back.

Reign and I go behind a large crop of bushes nearby and shift. Don't want to waste our clothes. Goddess, she is the most beautiful wolf.

"Our mate makes us proud!" Jinx says to me.

"Yes she does. She is so strong and beautiful." I reply.

I step up to her and bump her lovingly. She responds immediately, returning a bump. With our wolves acknowledging each other, we go back to the training grounds.

Situating ourselves in the center of the dirt arena, I circle Reign. She keeps steady, showing no fear. I quickly dive for her front legs, but she dodges so quickly, it was almost like a flash.

Before I could react, she was on me. Her silver fur was shining like she was made of liquid silver. She bit down into my fur on my side, but not enough to hurt me. I wiggled out from under her, tossing her to the side.

We both gathered our footing, and faced off again. This time she lunged first. She was so fast I couldn't keep up. Before I could bounce off the ground, she had me pinned.

After hours of sparring In wolf form, we finally tire out, and decide to go shower. After shifting back and dressing, I walk Reign back to our room. A shower together sounds perfect.

We step into the bathroom, and undress. I start the water, perfecting the temperature, we both step in under the many massaging shower heads. I really love this shower now. She looks beautiful.

I lather a loofah and begin washing her body. Wiping away all the sweat and dirt, to see her perfect skin. After I assure her body is spotless, I take the shampoo and squeeze some into my palm. I lather her hair long, fiery hair and massage her scalp. She moans from the sensation, sending want all over my body. She rinses her hair and I follow the same steps with conditioner.

After tending my mate, I wash myself quickly, but thoroughly. Using my all in one body wash. She tries to help, but I shoo her away. After I finish, I can't stop myself from wrapping my arms around her in the cascading water.

I kiss her slowly. Little soft kisses at first. But my desire increases rapidly. I turn the kiss into something more passionate, hoping she can feel how much she means to me.

I start teasing and kissing down her body slowly, making her desire rise as well. she claws my shoulders as I sink to my knees to torture her most sensitive spots. She is so responsive to me and I revel in it. After giving her pleasure, I stand and take her in my arms, kissing her desperately. I need her to feel complete.

I make love to my mate, taking my time. She doesn't try to rush me, and I'm so glad. I need to be connected to her spirituality as long as possible. She makes me feel whole.

After both of us find our release, we clean ourselves again, and exit the shower. Reign puts on a robe and picks out her curly locks, looking more and more like my home. Wherever she is will be my home. She is that important.

After drying off and dressing, we both know we still havea lot to attend to today. I hug her until she feels like a part of me. She taps my back letting me know she can't breathe, so I release her and she giggles.

"Do you want to go on a date tonight?" I ask her.

"Yes! That sounds amazing, our first actual date!" She squeals.

"Okay, I will get everything set up and link you when it's time." I say laughing.

She nods and leaves to find Loreli. I go to my study and research first dates to find good ideas. After an hours search, I have reservations made and we will be treated well. All I have to do now is wait.