Revelations

Writer's Note:  HI everyone!  Thank you for your support thus far!  If you like what you are reading,  please vote and comment!  The song for today is Cradle by Sub Urban.   ENJOY!
__________________________________________

Reign

I shot up in bed with sweat dripping down my forehead and chin.  I was dreaming

same dream with Jace and Stella, but the ending was different.  

Instead of getting angry and running away this time, I moved towards Jace.   I was nervous,  but he bent down and tilted his head  showing affection.   I slowly walked up to him and gently bumped his head with mine.  He almost purred, and I giggled.   Why was Jinx acting like this? 

He bumped my paw and then nuzzled the side of my neck, taking a deep inhale.  I felt so much comfort coming from this wolf.  He wanted me to know it was okay.   He was with me.  As his tongue suddenly licked my marking spot, I awoke. 

Trying to regain myself, I'm shocked when a hand gently touches my arm.  I try to pull away,  but it squeezes softly.   I stop and lift my head to see who has me.  Emerald eyes stare back at me with emotions I can't understand.   I usually look away as fast as possible,  but I can't look away.   I'm captivated.

"You're finally awake." He said softly with a sigh. 

"Yes, Alpha,  thank you for the care you have been giving me."  I said as politely as possible.

He growled slightly and said, "Please don't call me Alpha,  just Jace is fine.  You've been unconscious for two days, and you were so cold to the touch.  I thought we were going to....anyways, you were supposed to have your shift ceremony tonight,  but we can cancel the ball so you can rest until you shift."

"No! I say loudly.  "The money has already been spent.   I can't do that to the Alpha and Luna.  I will be there and do my best not to embarrass everyone. "

"Reign, you need to get your strength back.  It won't be a problem.   Everyone will understand. "  he says.

"I will.  I promise not to overdo it.  I only have to get myself ready and choose a gown." I say with a tinge of regret in my voice.  

"I will hire a team to help you prepare and let you rest easier.   You just have to sit there." He says in a chipper but stern voice. 

I look over, and he is smiling slightly.   It took my breath away.  How had I not noticed that beautiful smile before now?  His lips were full and pink rose color.   He has dimples on his cheeks I can barely see, but so adorable.   I take a real look at him.  He is around 6'5" or 6'6" with an extremely well muscled body. His eyes are emerald green, and he has slightly overgrown hair that is jett black and is currently a mess.  He has a shade of stubble around his jaw.  Has he not shaved?  That's not like him. 

"I appreciate the help.  Thank you, that means a lot to me."  I said, and his smile increases as if it makes him happy and relieved.  

"Now that that's settled, please rest." he said sweetly.  

He got up, leaned over me, and kissed my forehead.   Where the hell did that come from?  He has not done that since we were small kids.  I look up at him in shock, and for once, I don't feel afraid,  but comforted.  What is happening?  Is he trying to trick me to hand me over to Stella and her minions.  I pull away slowly, and he looks disappointed.  

"I'm sorry, Reign.  For everything.   I was wrong in letting it happen and participating.   However, I didn't stop it until I realized how much they were hurting you.  I couldn't stand it, seeing your blood.  I couldn't take it.  Things are going to change.   You will be protected no matter what."  He said as he started for the exit.  

I'm too confused to speak.  He turns and looks at me one last time with pain and sadness in his eyes.  I lay back against my pillow and ponder all that has happened.   I feel my eyes getting heavy and drift off to sleep.

__________________________________________
Jace

My head is spinning, and it's hard to breathe when I leave her presence. I'm so confused. Where are these feelings coming from?  It gets harder and harder to leave her side.  I walk towards my dad's office and peak my head in the door.  He's sitting there with an angry scowl.  

Walking in, I ask, "What's up, dad?"

"Well, I know who we are looking for now.  I found the security videos. Someone tried to tamper with them  but had no idea we made two backups of everything.  I saw everything. " he said with a venomous voice.

"What did you see?  Tell me what happened, please. " I try to plead.

"Fine, but just telling you that you will deserve punishment as well.  Since you were not part of this last incident, your punishment is to be Reign's protector at all times.  The others I have to think about."  He states.

"Agreed, dad.  I will protect her with my life.   Please tell me what happened. " I say.

"They tried to frame her.  I heard the audio, and it was not pleasant hearing about the things they planned to do to her.  I don't think Future Beta, Bryan, was involved.   I think he was trying to stop it.  Christy hit him in the head with the branch, and then both females attacked.   Stella stabbed her, and it looked like she enjoyed doing it.  I will deal with them tomorrow.   You just have to keep it together.   Keep your anger and wolf in check, and let me handle this."  He said firmly.  

Trying to contain my anger, I say, "I will do my utmost to behave like an Alpha.   I will not leave her.  I will protect her."

"Glad you feel that way.  She's your priority now.  Treat her as such. An Alpha's responsibility is the safety of the pack." He said with a serious tone and stance. 

I walk out of the room, not realizing I had been there three hours.  I instantly walk to Reign's suite and stand outside the door.   I can hear her even breathing and smile at how sweet it sounds.   I open the door and walk over to her.  I sit down and gently move the hair on her face behind her ear.  I can't stop myself from gently tracing her features with my fingertip.   She is so soft and beautiful.   I want to lean down and touch her lips with mine, but I don't know why.  I stop myself as she stirs and opens those beautiful blue eyes. 

"Good evening, sleepy head," I say with a smile as I back away.

She looks at me in fear, and it breaks my heart.  Why was I such an asshole?  She only fears me now.  How do I fix this?