Shift

Writer's Note: HI everyone! Thank you for reading! Hope you are happy with the story so far. Please vote and comment if you enjoy your feedback. Today's song is Cradle by Sub Urban

----------------------------------------------------------
Reign

I danced with Jace for hours. My head started spinning, so we took a rest. Time was fast approaching for us to go get ready for my shift, so no more dancing for me. I need to rest first. I'm feeling odd, which probably has something to do with my upcoming shift.

Jace senses my exhaustion and suggests he and I go back to the Pack house so I can rest a little better for a bit. I agree, and he once again wraps me in his arm. This is so disarming. Jace has not been this kind to me since we were children. I don't know if I should believe this kindness or if he is setting me up for disaster.

As we walk up the stairs, I can hear Stella and Christy yapping like Chihuahuas. It's all about me, of course. Jace steers us away from them, and we go up to the Alpha floor where our rooms are. We stop in front of my door, and Jace walks me in.

"Just dress in comfortable clothes. I'll leave you. Maybe take a short nap if you want." He says while going to the door.

"Wait! I need someone to unzip me." I say shyly.

"Oh, um, I guess I can do that." He whispers as he walks back to me.

I turn around, and he slowly unzips the green garment. As he proceeds, I can feel his eyes boring into me, and a chill runs down my spine. After he finishes, I feel a soft caress go down the length of my back. In shock and pleasure, I quickly turn around, and my dress decides it wants to slip at that time.

In my pure embarrassment, I turn as red as a beet. I'm standing there in my black, lacy undergarments. I'm so shocked I forget to cover myself. Jace stands in a stiff posture with his hands balled in fists. I can't tell if he is mad or not. I hope he knows this is an accident.

The muscle in his jaw ticks, and he is not saying a word. I quickly dive for my dressed and pull it back up. He finally breathes and relaxes some.

"Oh my Goddess, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean for that to happen!" I say as I hide my face as much as possible.

"Hush. It was not your fault, I know." He says as he walks towards me.

He stops an inch or two from me. He looked at me deeply, like he was searching for permission. I just nod, and he sweeps me into a gentle, tender hug. I'm stiff at first, but I can't help but melt in his arms.

He pulls away and looks down at me. The sweet smile on his face replaced that stern expression he always carries. His smile is beautiful.

"I'm going to go shower and get ready. I've got to get this gel out of my hair, or
I'll have a spikey wolf soon, ha-ha." He says sweetly.

He turns and walks away, leaving me in a sorry state. I have to pull it together. Taking a deep breath, I turn and slip out of the gown. I changed my undergarments and released my hair from its knot. It falls in springy curls to the center of my back.

Grabbing some grey sweat pants and a black tank top, aim for the restroom to clear the makeup from my face. I slide my clothes on and lay down on the sofa. With a sigh, I close my eyes and rest.

A loud knock on my door wakes me. I slip off the sofa and walk to the door.

"Who is it? I politely ask.

"It's Jace. It's time to go to the sacred clearing." He speaks through the door.

I open the door and look up into his eyes. I don't know when I gained the courage to do that as it is not what you should do with an alpha male. However, he is looking in mine just as deeply. I break the staring contest and smile nervously.

"So, you ready to head out?" He asks.

"Uh, yeah, I guess," I say.

"Nervous? It will be okay. We will all be there for you." He says confidentiality.

We walk and chat with Alpha Jarrett and Luna Ruby. It takes about twenty minutes to walk to the clearing. It's 11:30 pm right now.

I strip down into my panties and sports bra. They are replaceable. We sit and talk a while more, waiting for my shift. It is helping with my nervousness. The click finally strikes midnight, but nothing happens, and I'm confused.

Suddenly, a sharp pain rakes my body, and I fall over sideways into the plush grass. More and more pain shoots through my body. Then, the cracking and popping start. My bones are breaking and reshaping. I scream in agony. Then I felt soft, warm hands slide over my skin, and it helped ease the pain some.

Jace, I knew it was his touch I felt, and it felt right. It still hurt like hell and felt like it took an eternity. Everything was rearranging in my body.

I finally settled down, and the pain ceased. I raise my weary head and look around. I see the Alpha, Luna, and Jace looking down at me with shocked expressions. I try to talk, but all that comes out is a whine.

I take in a deep inhale and smell freshly cut grass and the electricity from thunderstorms. An overwhelming urge makes me search for the scent source. I look at everyone until my eyes land on Jace.

"MATE!" We both say at the same time. But mine came out as a yip.

He starts moving towards me again and kneels before me and says, "You are the most beautiful wolf I've ever seen. I dreamed of you. I knew in my dreams you were my mate. I could scent you there, and you have the same scent. Fresh rain and lavender. You are so silver the moon gleams off of you, and you shine, and your eyes are a brilliant violet and just beautiful."

I nuzzled his hand and scooted closer, laying my head in his lap. He gently stroked my fur, and I was just fine with that. The Luna and Alpha came over, and their joy shined on their faces.

"Oh honey, congratulations! You are magnificent, and now that we know for sure you are the Chosen wolf, we will have to discuss many things, mostly your security. You will have to start training with the Pack, and evidently, Luna training." She says as she smiles.

I give a little wolfy growl in acknowledgment. She smiles, and the Alpha steps up.

"I had a feeling this was your fate. But for now, you need to get up and have a run. Enjoy your wolf." He states

"Dad, I will run with her. I will let Patrol know we are out on a run." He told his dad.

"Very well, son. Just don't overdo it. She will be exhausted after a bit," He replied.

Jace just nods. The human inside me is terrified he is my mate, but my wolf is excited about it! She already loves Jinx.

Jace starts to strip, and then, as quick as a flash, he is his wolf. He mind linked me and said, "Just follow me at all times. You don't know this land yet, and there are always rouges trying to sneak in. I nodded my head with a huff, and like lightning, he was gone.