Puzzled

Writers's note: From my playlist today is Neon Ocean by New Dialogue. My taste in music is very wide! Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________
Reign

I woke up early this morning and quickly dressed and snuck out of the door before anyone saw me. This was my normal. The less I am seen, the better. The dream I had last night still bothers me. I know, it's just a dream, but it felt so very real. My battle with Stella racks my brain. I could still smell her disgusting odor in my nostrils. But the most disturbing part is that he was there. His wolf, Jinx, stared me down. But Jace, he had no scent in my dream. I didn't even hear him approach our area. He had this strange look on his face, puzzled almost. He would not have known my scent as I have not shifted yet.

While walking beside the road headed to school, my mind is in a fog. Suddenly, I hear tires screech and then the slamming of breaks. I turn quickly and see the bitch in my dream. I quickly turn around and pick up my pace.

"Where do you think you're going? Did I say you could leave? As your future Luna I demand you stay!" She yelled loudly.

I grit my teeth and balled my fist. She has absolutely no command over me. She has not got a clue, but soon I will show her. I turn around to see Beta Bryan leaving the passenger seat and trying to get to her quickly. Running out behind him is her little crony, Christy, with a smirk on her face. They all three stalk towards me with Bryan being the only one who has shades of regret on his face.

"Kneel bitch! Respect your Luna!" Christy says evilly.

I just look at her and grin. I will never bow to her. I will go rouge first. "Luna Ruby is my Luna. I bow to no one but Alpha Jarret and Luna Ruby." I said solemnly and honestly.

"Hold her down! I'll show her where she should show allegiance!" Stella screamed.

"Do not bring blood! Alpha Jace's command, and I will enforce it!" Bryan said in a deep, serious voice.
About that time, Christy came up behind him and cracked his head with a large branch. He fell unconscious, and they both laughed.

"We will just tell Jace she attacked the Beta! Perfect!" Stella gritted out, grinning.

Stella and Christy rushed me, and I just was not fast enough. Stella grabbed me by the hair while her minion went for my knees. With a sweeping kick, Christy knocks my legs from under me while Stella twists my hair around her hand. When I was on the ground, she pulled out a silver knife and sliced it down my legs, laughing the whole time.

"I will always get what I want! Have you failed to learn that? Don't forget you will get yours as soon as we tell Jace you attacked Bryan. Of course, he will believe me over you. It will be so funny seeing you trying to explain. I just can't wait. I have so many plans for you when I become Luna. So much fun to be had!" She laughs.

I just stay silent. No use to give her more ammunition. She hauls back and slaps my face. I take it, but I will make her pay, eventually. She lets me go, and they both pick Bryan up and slide him in the backseat. He has blood pouring from his head. They climb back in the car and speed away. I sat there a few minutes, collecting myself, then pushed off the ground and continued my journey.

I was walking, slowly, but making my way. I had probably been walking about five minutes since 'the incident' when I heard tires squeal and brakes slam again. What now? I turn around and see Jace's Bugatti. They have already linked him, I guess. I stop and wait patiently as he slides out of his car. He raises his nose to the air and then makes a disappointed face.

"What happened? Why are you bleeding?" he asked angrily.

"I, I just fell Alpha Jace. I am fine. Thank you for checking on me, and I am sorry I disturbed your day." I said lowly.
I just can't look at him. Since my dream last night, something just feels off. I hate lying to my Alpha, but they will give their story soon, and he will believe it. He always believes it.

"Get in the car!" he orders.

"Alpha, I am okay. You don't have to waste your time on me." I whisper, but I know he can hear me.

"Get in the fucking car!" He shouts as he places a towel in the seat.

I gingerly do what he says. The shiver he sent down my spine doesn't escape his view. I get in and he slams the door. He climbs in and does a scary u-turn and speeds towards the Pack hospital. He is so on edge so I sit and remain as still as possible. When we pull up to the hospital, I start to get out, but he orders me to stay. He comes around and opens my door and to my complete shock gently lifts me out.

"Alpha, what are you doing?" I asked in shock.

"Taking you inside. You do need to be walking on that leg right now." He says calmly. He doesn't realize it's both legs yet.

I nod and keep silent. As we walk in I hear a low guttural growl. I look over in the direction of it and see Stella with fury on her face. This is going to end up bad. I just know it. Jace Carrie's me into the exam room where Dr. Bettis is waiting.
"What seems to be the problem here? Dr. Bettis questions.

Jace tells the doctor what he saw and the doctor looks at me and informs me I will need to remove my pants to be examined. Then I hear a low growl. Was that Jace?