Home

Writer's Note:  Thank you for reading!  I hope you enjoy the book.   Please vote and comment if you do.  Today's playlist song is Not Broken Anymore  by Blue October

----------------------------‐-----‐----------‐------------------
Jace

It has been a week since Reign was taken from me.  All I imagine is the horror she must feel.  From the first day she was taken,  I could feel her pain.  I don't know what she has been suffering,  and that worries me the most.  I try to send comfort through the bond, but I'm not sure if it's working or not.  My heart is heavy, I have slept maybe six hours the past week, and eating is non-existent.

The quickest we could arrange an ally meeting is tomorrow.   The Alphas are starting to arrive today.  My mom is tending to the Luna duties, and dad is helping me stay sane.  If it weren't for them, I'd have lost it completely by now.

Loreli is healing, but there will be scarring.   She is handling it well, but I would expect no less from such an amazing she-wolf.  She is still struggling with not being able to protect her Luna.   Loreli is still unmated,  and her worst fear is that her mate will reject her now.  If such a thing happens,  I will have a chat with her potential mate.  She is as wonderful as she was before the witch's fire.

I woke up this morning,  almost hopeless, but this evening, I had hope that shot through the bond.  It was Reign's hope, so I can't give up now if she is still hopeful.  When she comes home, she will never want anything ever again. 

We have been researching the Royal Pack for days.  Alpha King Jackson  is a formidable wolf.  He's 303 years old.  His father, Alpha King Xander, ruled before him in the time of the last Lunar Wolf, and much as his son was doing, he also sought her then.  I guess keeping family traditions alive.

Taking in my appearance in the bathroom mirror,  I look at my unkempt self.  I really need to shave, Reign does not like stubble.  I'll wait until tomorrow.   I just can't even function well without her, and I would rather be in any situation, but this.  Mom links me often,  reminding me to eat and take care because that is what my mate would want.  I hope my sadness has not burdened her even more.

Walking down the stairs, I steel myself to another night without her.  I swear,  she will never leave my sight again if I have my way.  The guards at the security gate alert me to a car coming in fast.  All the alphas scheduled for today are here.  Who could it be coming in hot?

I tell them to keep them at the gate until I get there.  I go out to my car, just faster right now, when one of the guards alerts me again.

"Alpha, get down here as quickly as possible!" Adam says with excitement.  

"What is it?  What's wrong?" I demand.

"It's the Luna!  She's home!  Some male brought her, but respectfully so.  Like he was her driver or something.   But Alpha,  just be prepared.   You're not going to like everything you see when you get here.  I've already alerted the Doc." Informed Adam.

That was all it took for me!  I shifted on the fly and ran at my top speed.  Screw the car, and this is much faster.  Jinx refused to be reigned in.  His mate was back home at last.  His main priority is her.  I link dad and let him know,  asking him to tell mom and Loreli.   I know it will relieve them.  As I'm running, Bryan's wolf, Sitca, falls in behind me,  trying to keep pace.  I don't intend to slow down for anyone!  My mate is home!  Pure relief runs through me.  I sent out a link to her, but it's like a busy signal.  She can't link still.  Something to deal with later.

Coming into view of the guard shack, I see a stout male wolf, holding her in his arms.  This sets my anger on fire.  She is my mate, no other male should touch her.  As I come close, I run to the box and get shorts to put on, Bryan arrives a minute later.  After we both dress,  I walk towards the male holding my limp mate. 

"Who are you, and why do you have my mate?" I said through gritted teeth.

"I am Zac Bronson, former member of the Royal Pack.   The Queen Luna and I got her out as quickly as we could."

"Is she unconscious?" I ask.

"Yes, Alpha Jace.  She has had a hard battle this past week.  We had to wait for the opportunity to favor us to help her leave.  The King went off pack lands, so we were able to escape." He replies.  

I walk forward to take her from his arms, but he stops me.  "Alpha, it's best to move her as little as possible.   She has open wounds still on her back.  We treated them, but her healing is incredibly slow, and her wolf is hiding." He states.

That stops me in my tracks.  Open wounds?  What have they done to my mate?  A pack ambulance is pulling up, and he asks for permission to enter our lands.  And I grant it, following behind him as he takes her to the stretcher.   He gently lays her to where she is on her stomach on the stretcher,  and I see the wounds and immediately lose my shit.

"Who did this?" I demand.

"The Alpha King ordered it because of her defiance.   I was one of her guards,  and it was me that the Alpha ordered to do it." Thr rage Jinx spews is absolute, and I begin to clench my fists. "Please forgive me.  I got her out as quickly as I could.   I left my cousin Harper, The Queen behind, to face the repercussions of our escape.   She will suffer, but she and I still follow the Moon Goddess, and we can not let him have her." He begged as he dropped to his knees.

I heard her whisper my name and was instantly at her side.  "Reign, can you hear me?" I ask her.

She tries to sit up, bit cries out in pain.  I take her hand and tell her not to try.  I lean down to hear her better.

"Don't hurt Zac.  He saved me and took care of me.  I gave him asylum.   They will kill him if he goes back.  Please, I beg you, find a place for him in the pack.

"Yes, my sweet, of course I will.  He is most welcome in this pack!  He is your savior.  I will not turn him away,  I swear by the Moon Goddess. " I answer.

She relaxes, and they load the stretcher into the ambulance.   I climb in the back with her, linking Bryan, to look after our new member.  He will have to blood bond with me, but that can wait.  He deserves our utmost gratitude,  as well as the Queen.  We have a lot to talk about,  but it can wait. 

I start really looking at the wounds on her back and realize they are lash marks.  My fury erupts inside, but I contain myself.  I will unleash hell upon the Alpha King, all of his allies,  and all who took part!

Taking a breath to calm myself,  I hold her hand and memorize every detail about her.  My beautiful mate, my world, is back where she belongs, and Goddess help me, there will be justice!