Homecoming

Writer's Note:  Thank you for hanging out with me!  Hope you are enjoying the book.   Please vote and comment if you do.   Today's playlist song is Tennessee Whiskey, performed by Chris Stapleton

----------------------------------------------------------
Reign

I can hear voices all around me, but one voice in particular, I have been waiting for.  If I am not alive anymore,  at least I heard his voice again.  I feel someone take my hand and sparks shoot through my body.  Jace!  Jace is with me!  Please let this be real.  Please let him really be with me.

I try to pry my eyes open, but it's a difficult task.  I squeeze his hand to let him know I'm still aware.  I can feel his excitement through the bond.  I hear him start calling for the doctor.   I continue trying to open my eyes.  I can hear the doctor telling Jace that I should come around shortly.

Finally, I opened my eyes into slits, and the bright light assaults me.  Blinking rapidly, I see Jace lean over me, a sad smile pulling at his lips.  I'm on my stomach,  but I see him plainly looking to the side, and I've never seen such a welcome sight.  Tears pool in my eyes, and I swallow the lump in my throat.

The doctor starts talking to me, but Jace is my only focus.   I try to speak,  but my voice fails me.  The doctor is talking to him, and his words are all about my healing and emotional status, and then I hear him say,  "She's pregnant."

That catches my attention fully.  Pregnant?  But we did not mate in my heat!  How can I be pregnant?  Jace makes just that argument.   I'm not unhappy about it, just shocked.  I can feel Jace's shock as well. 

"Doctor,  are you positive?" Jace asks.

"Yes, it came back in the blood work.  Positive for pregnancy.   Congratulations, Alpha and Luna!"  The doctor says. 

Finally, I was able to find my voice and asked, "Jace, are you angry?"

"No, my sweet.  I'm just worried.  I will have to create a larger guard or never let you out of my sight again.  I need to wrap you in cotton to protect you.   Now I have to be even more thorough in your protection." Jace says sweetly.

I smile the best smile I can offer right now.  The doctor tells us it's a miracle that our pup survived after my torture,  but it shows how strong I am and how strong our pup will be.  This is great news, and the pup will be a strong wolf.  I couldn't be more proud.

"Jace, we need to keep this between us right now.  If this spreads, it could cause more chaos." I say.

"I agree.   This is just between us right now.  But I am so happy!  I just want you to know for sure. This is the second best moment of my life. Mating with you is my first." He replies.

I smile and then realize it's time to talk about what happened.   Dragging in a breath, I start the conversation. "So, I'm sorry you had to feel everything I did.  King Jackson is a disgusting excuse for a wolf and a leader.  He uses violence and threats to rule over his wolves.  He also employs dark magic witches.  He said they were working on a way to steal my powers." I informed him. 

I can feel his anger radiating off of him.  I knew he would not take this news well.   I continue, "He abuses his queen.  She tended my injuries,  and often, she was bruised and battered.  She was forced into mating him.  She is a strong wolf, and we need to find a way to help her.  He only wants power and wealth.  That's his life's mission, it seems.  He will come for me again, and he will come soon.  We have to prepare."

Jace sits in thought for a moment,  then finally shares his thoughts.  "Most of the Alphas in our alliance are here now.  I was ready to start a war.  I still am.  A few more will arrive in the morning.   Lucious and his enteroge will be here tomorrow evening.  He has honored our alliance.   We will schedule a meeting for the day after tomorrow.  I know you need your rest right now, so that's your mission right now."

I agree and ask about Loreli.   He gives me all the information he can.  She is stable and healing, but there is scarring and she is distraught over that.  She  also has guilt over failing to save me.  I make a note to go see her soon.

After the tough conversation,  I try to lighten the mood.  But tension is in the air.  We are in a serious situation right now.  War is imminent,  and no matter how you try to lighten the mood, it still hangs in the air.

Jace's mom and dad make it see me, even though it's the early morning.   Bryan and Alex make it as well.   I ask after Zac, and Bryan assures me he is settled in a guest room at the Pack house.  I thank him and make sure he is provided anything he may need.  Also I tell them i want to find him a good position in the pack.  He deserves it.

After everyone departs, Jace climbs in the bed with me.  I situate myself cradling his chest.  Just his touch is enough for me right now.  His warmth spreads through me, making me feel safe.  Tomorrow we plan war, but tonight we plan love.

Waking up with very little sleep,  the doctor comes in, examines me, and releases me to rest at home.  I'm so grateful,  I hate hospitals.   My healing is almost normal and I'm able to feel and talk to Skye again.  She's pissed and wants revenge.   Now she knows a pup is on the way, she wants to destroy the King, and anyone who helps him.  Her pup had been at risk.  However,  now that we know,  I will not shift again until after the birth.   It's safest for our pup.

Arriving back at the Pack house,  everyone is busy.  We have many guest, and  they need tending to.  I prepare myself to get to work after a shower and a good meal.  Jace protests, but I can find something to do I'm sure. 

I end up staying with him in his study, speaking to almost everyone.  Lillianna, The White Witch,  knocks, requesting an audience.   We welcome her and she informs us that the Coven will be strengthening our wards immensely,  but if they use magic,  they could still portal in.

Not the news we wanted to hear.  The day passes quickly,  and we are now planning our defense tactics.  We know our pack will be targeted and the King will probably waste no time.  I worry about Harper and ask Jace if we can work on a plan for her rescue.   It seems impossible,  but there has to be something we can do.   Twilight is fast approaching, and our new guest will be here soon. 

Making  sure we have vampire friendly guest rooms, I wait to meet my first one.  As day turns into night, a knock pounds on the front door.  Alpha Jarrett rushes to answer. When he opens the door,  we are greeted with one of the most handsome men I've ever laid eyes on.  I have to make myself stop staring.  Jace's dad introduces us all in short order.

I can't stop staring.  He's not a huge man, but he still has the ability to have all eyes on him.  He is around 5'11", with the most beautiful chocolate colored skin and muscular.  His brown eyes gleam, and his smile is captivating.   He looks so young, but you can feel his old spirit.  His hair is neatly trimmed, and he is just delicious. 

Regaining my senses, he smiles, approaches me, and kisses my hand.  Jace growls a bit, but Lucious just laughs.

"Don't worry, Alpha pup, I was just greeting the beautiful Luna with the respect she deserves."  Lucious remarks.

I try not to giggle because his voice is musical.   He could draw anyone in with it.  He has a small delegation following behind him.  I like Lucious already.  He is very cheeky.   After everyone is shown to their rooms, I have dinner prepared,  and the vampires have brought their own meals.  What a dinner this is going to be.