Sucker Punch

Writer's Note:  Thank you for reading!  If you like the story,  please vote and comment .  Today's playlist song is Only Lost Is Found by Blue October.

‐-----‐------‐------‐----‐---‐--‐‐---‐-‐‐-‐
Reign

After Jace made his way to his tasks, I went to find Loreli.  My guards and I searched almost everywhere for her.  I tried mind linking her over and over with no connection.   I'm starting to think something may be wrong.

While searching everywhere, I make a pack announcement link, asking if anyone had seen her.  Thus far, no one has seen her.  

Jace is alert to her absence.   This is not like her. She's the Gamma.  Normally,  she would step up in an instant.  My worry for her continues to grow.

After searching for hours, former Beta Harth links me , saying he saw her going towards the western border.   I thank him, and finally, some of my worries are eased. 

I shift, clothes be damned,  and tear off at a pace my guards can't keep up with.  I can hear them behind me and linking me, but I just ignore them.  She could be in trouble,  and that's all that's on my mind. 

I quickly lose my security details, hauling ass to get towards the western part of the territory. While running,  I pick up Loreli's scent and begin to track it.  After a few hundred yards, the smell begins to mingle with another scent.  I'm not familiar with this new scent,  which perplexes me.

I link Jace,  letting him know there are unfamiliar scents on our lands, and that it's mixes with Loreli's scent.  He is furious because I ditched my security guards.  He tells me to stop, but I ignore him, in case she is in danger.

Jace keeps mind linking me while I try to follow the scents, and I finally block him, as it's a distraction.  I am so much faster than everyone else, so I reach the border fairly quickly.   It's usually a one hour run from the pack house, at a hard pace, and I had made it in fifteen minutes.

I slow myself as I crop up to the area that has the strongest scent.  I Inhale deeply and smell the tinge of copper.  I carefully make my way through the trees, and come upon a scene that truly horrified me.