Training Day

Writer's Note: I hope you like the story. Please vote and comment if you enjoy. Today's playlist song is Invisible Prisons by Zeale, Featuring Justin Furstenfeld of Blue October

------------------------------------------------------------
Jace

I woke from my restless slumber, knowing today was going to be tedious. I had to ensure Stella and Christy leave pack grounds, help Reign begin her training, and interview for a Gamma. The only bright spot is knowing I will be with Reign all day.

Our kiss still plays in my mind, over and over. I dreamed about it in the night. I can't wait to repeat it.

I dress for training and go to her door. Her scent permeates the air, and I'm intoxicated. I knock, and she sleepily says come in. I suppose she can smell me stronger as well now.

I enter to see her still lying in bed. She looks so beautiful, with her messy red curls falling around her face. My heart swells at the sight, and I just want to crawl in bed with her and hold her tight. Never letting go if possible.

"Good morning beautiful." I say.

"What's so good about waking up this early?" She grumbles.

"Training. You begin with the Pack today. So get your grouchy ass up!" I say, trying not to laugh.

She perks up a bit after I say that. She starts throwing her covers around, jumping out of bead in her sexy silk nightgown. Goddess, save me from temptation. She is just as beautiful now as she is when she is dressed up. I think she will be the death of me.

"Meet me in the dining room in ten minutes. We need to fuel up on food, and then off to training. Hurry, okay." I say.

" Got it, ten minutes. I can't get ready if you are standing there staring. Go!" She bellows.

I laugh and throw my hands up in surrender. Walking out the door I can hear her complaining. She's so grumpy in the mornings. It used to annoy the hell out of me, but now I just want to grab her and seduce that grumpiness away.

I see mom and dad are already enjoying breakfast, so I join them with a smile.

"Good morning son." My mom says.

"Good morning!" I say a little to brightly.

"Where's Reign? She needs to eat too if she's beginning training today. I know she must be nervous starting with the Pack today. It's always just been your dad and I training her. I hope everyone will be fair with her. She has been isolated too long." Mom says.

"I'll be there today, and will be her partner, however I'm going to have future Delta Alex train her mostly. He's helping now with training everyone." I say while piling my plate full.

I hear her door slam, and laugh a little. Still grumpy I see.

"Good morning Reign!" Mom and dad say simultaneously.

"Good morning." She says in a not so happy voice.

I just smirk. I'm starting to love a every little thing about her, good and bad. The bond is getting stronger and Jinx is pushing hard for me to mark her.

"You should have already marked our sweet mate!" Jinx replies.

"SHUT IT!" I reply.

Reign flits around the table, filling her plate with bacon, eggs, and waffles. I just can't take my eyes off of her.  And then I notice what she is wearing. She is in skintight exercise pants, a black sports bra, and tennis shoes.

"What the hell are you wearing?" I shout.

"Uh, my training gear." She replies snarkily.

"Isn't it a little revealing? I think you should put on a t-shirt." I say back.

"And give them something to grab on too? I think not. This is perfect because it's lightweight, and practical for fighting." She snarls back.

"Okay, okay, damn you're grouchy in the mornings. But I still love it." I say with a wink, and she just stares daggers at me while stuffing her face with food.

I laugh and finish my breakfast. I remain watching her eat and studying her perfection. She is a goddess. I never noticed before, but I am so aware now.

She finishes her breakfast and we excuse ourselves to head to the training grounds. It's only a ten minute walk to the grounds, and it takes everything in me to not hide her from every prying eye.

We arrive and find a few people stretching and loosening up to train. Delta Alex is waiting on us, with his eyes on Reign. Jinx growls in my head, and I remind him she is only ours.

Alex is a good looking guy I guess. Sandy blonde hair that falls in his face a bit. Hazel eyes and a ripped body, but I know I'm better, I think. He's about 6'2" and a hardass when training you.

Everyone files in, and he clears his throat saying, "We have a new member joining us for training this morning. We will be training in human form only today, since it is the future Luna's first day! Reign, I want you train with Loreli."

"I was going to partner with her today." I say.

"I think the bond would distract you both too much. It's better for you both to train with others. Loreli is more her size anyways. It will be a more fair fight that way." Alex explains and I really can't disagree.

"Alright, let's get started. We will start with self defense training." He shouts.

I pair up with my Beta, Bryan, and try not be distracted. However, I can't keep my eyes off of her. She is so fluid. She moves gracefully, almost like dancing in her movements. No one is ready for how strong she really is as she plants Loreli on her ass.

"Nice job Luna!" Alex compliments.

She just nods and continues sparring with her partner. I get too distracted and Bryan flips me onto my back, knocking the wind out of me. I wheeze a bit and look at him with a hard stare. He just smirks because he knew it was only because I couldn't focus on anything but her.

I notice everyone is watching her with awe on their faces. They had no clue she was this strong, but they don't realize she is actually holding back.

We continue training, but everyone is watching her as much as possible. I can see respect starting to show for her. They see she will be a strong Luna, that she will protect her pack. Loreli is going to be sore after this session, and she is one of our strongest fighters as she is Gamma blood, which gives me a great idea. I will have to speak to them both later.

After two hours of training, we finally break for the day. Loreli and Reign are chatting and laughing together. Loreli is massaging her back and smiling. It seems she is impressed as well.

"Ladies, I hate to interrupt, but can I speak with you both for a moment?" I ask.

"Of course Alpha," They say in unison.

"Loreli, would you be interested in taking the Gamma position and protect Reign? If she agrees of course. You are the strongest Gamma Warrior we have, and you seem to get along well. I want Reign protected but also comfortable with her Gamma." I state. Reign nods.

Loreli bounces up and down clapping her hands squealing out, "Yes, Yes,Yes!"

Reign joins in the excitement and I think I've made the correct choice. They already seem to be forming the special Gamma bond, and that is a plus.

That was easier than I thought it would be. Reign is starting to crack the shell she has been hiding in for so long and I love it.

"Alright, we will get everything set up. Loreli, we will get your room set up in the Pack house, and iron out all of the details." I reply with a smile.

"I'm excited!" Reign giggles.

I just laugh and take her hand, kissing her bruised knuckles. Damn, she must pack a punch. I lead her away towards the house with Loreli not far behind.

As we walk back at a leisurely pace, I think of the most unpleasant task of the day. Escorting Stella and Christy to the border and stripping them of their pack bond. Not liking my task ahead, I know it has to be done. Unfortunate aspect of Alpha duties.

Reign can feel my distress through the bond and she squeezes my hand a little for reassurance. As we walk further, I can only hope my demeanor remains as the strong Alpha everyone expects.