Focused

Writer's Note:  Thank you for reading and supporting my efforts.   Please vote and comment if you enjoy.   Todays playlist song is Light You Up by Blue October

-------------------------‐-------------------‐---------‐‐----‐
Reign

Fury.  That's all I feel right now.  That
bitch, Stella is a threat, but she has no idea what she is facing.   If she even thinks she will win, she is sorely mistaken.

Revealing what I am before she left, in hindsight,  was a huge mistake,  but that is a mistake we have no control over now.  All we can do now is train and gather information.

I finish getting ready for training,  and link Loreli,  letting her know that I am good to go.   A few minutes later she arrives, knocking on my door.   I open my door to Loreli and ten tough Gamma guards.

Jace said I would be more protected,  and he wasn't kidding.   I just smile and shake my head.  He is so protective now. 

Leaving my room with my gaggle of guards, we head for the training grounds.   Loreli decides today that we will train with weapons in human form.  Her choice is daggers, and I choose a spear.

We face off, and she lunges at me.  I dodge quickly, hitting her on the back with the handle of the spear. 

She recovers quickly and attacks again, barely grazing me with her blade, slicing me.  My healing kicks in quickly.   I heal much faster than most wolves. 

As I slide into the dirt, I turn and kick her in the chest.  She falls onto the ground,  dropping her daggers,  and I quickly pen her with the spear at her heart.  She submits.

I relese her and she rises from the ground.   Smiling, she congratulates me, and we reposition.   The mock battle continues, but I can feel us being watched.  I look around,  but all I see are my new guards.   But the eyes I feel on us are burning into me.

After about three hours of training,  we finally break and return to Pack House.  I heal Loreli's cuts and bruises.  Returning to my room,  I decided to shower and get ready for the rest of the day.

Opening my door, I have two guards standing like statues.  They bow in respect and follow me to Jace's study.

Jace is sitting at his mahogany desk looking extremely flustered.

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"Yes, just getting frustrated that all of this is happening.   I promised to protect you, and I failed.  I never should have  announced what you are until after I made them leave.  But, it's done.  Now, I have to fix it all." He says with a sigh.

I walk behind his desk and massage his shoulders.  I can feel the tension in his body.   He relaxes some, and I tell him about feeling eyes on me while training.   He gets angry,  but I try to calm him.  I tell him I saw no one, but I just felt weird.  

He puts his head in his hands and just breathes deeply.   I feel so much sympathy for him.  He has taken control of our pack at a very tumultuous time and basically stepped out of the frying pan and into the fire. 

Bryan and Alex entered the study, and Jace pulled me into his lap as we began to talk about everything in more detail.

"Alex, have you selected your trackers yet?" Jace asks. 

"Yes, I have Alpha.   The best we have.  I will be joining them shortly.   We are starting from where they left and tracking Stella's scent.  It's very faint, however.  I'm not really sure how far we will get." Alex replies.

"The closest Nocturnos pack is the Blood Amber pack.  They are a larger pack but can not compare them to us.  The Blood Amber pack is allied to strong packs. However, we are stronger." Jace states.