Chapter 4

Ashes. That is what they see when they reach TonDC. The places that were in the process of being rebuilt... all destroyed. The bones of scorched bodies. Abby takes a step back as she looks in horror at her surroundings.
Crunch.
Abby looks behind her to see what she had stepped on.
A skull.
She realizes something. If Clarke was there, she would never know. They can't make out anyone based on the bones. She would never know if Clark was here. Or if Clarke was dead or alive.
This can't be real.
"No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" Abby screams.
She feels the floor fall from underneath her.
The sky is spinning.
Her surroundings crash down around her.
And then
Everything
Goes
Black.
~~~~
"Abby?" She hears her name being called from all around the room.
She slowly and painfully opens her eyes and lifts up her head.
She is no longer at TonDC, but she is now at camp Jaha. Surrounding her are Kane, Bellamy, Raven, and Wick.
"Abby!" Bellamy's face automatically lights up when he sees Abby.
Why is she here? What happened? Why did she faint?
And then it came back.
It hit her full on, just like last time. Tears start streaming down her face.
"What's wrong?" Raven asks.
"Are you okay?" Kane asks.
"Clarke!" She screams desperately. "You have to come back. You have to be here." She screams as she shakes her head, her cries now turning into loud sobs.
"You're okay, Abby. You're going to be okay." She hears Kane say.
"Clarke... my baby. She's gone."she whispers.
She feels something being injected into her.
Then she falls asleep.
~~~~
Abby wakes up just where she had fallen asleep, except only Kane was with her.
"Hey, sleepyhead" Kane says.
Abby chuckles and sits up.
"What happened to the search team? What did they find?"
"They haven't returned yet. After you passed out Raven and I took you back here and left them to look for any evidence of Clarke." Kane says.
Silence.
"They're going to find her, Abby. You have to believe me. Don't you trust me?"
"I do. It's just hard. I don't have any family left. I don't have anyone."
"You have me."
Abby looks up at him, eyes full of hurt and sadness.
Kane wraps his arms around her neck and head and leans in.
Next thing she knows, their lips are crashing together into a strong, passionate kiss.
All of Abby's hurt and pain is poured out, and she wraps her arms around Kane's hips to pull him closer.
It seems like the kiss lasts forever, but at one point their lips finally part, both of them gasping for air.

"I love you" Kane whispers, so that only Abby can hear.

~~~~
A/N
Annnd there is that! You guys satisfied now? Yes? No? Maybe so?
You'll just have to wait and see what happens next!
I hope two updates in a row makes up for the long break. I'm still not sure about the schedule.
Love ya;)
~Brie