Chapter 13

"Jasper!" Monty screams before running after him.
"You're going to get yourself killed, Monty! Stay here and we'll figure this out together." Kane yells after him.
"I'm going to find my best friend!" Monty screams before disappearing in the woods after Jasper.
The rest of the group stand there in shock at what just happened.
"What are we going to do now?" Bellamy asks them.
"We should go look for them", Kane says. "We need to split up into groups of two. Bellamy, you're with me. Wick and Raven can go together. I need Abby to stay here. If either of them are hurt, you can help", he motions to Abby. He starts to pass out radios. "Here are your radios. If you find anything, let us know. Abby, I need you to gather anything you can use for medical supplies in case they're hurt. Got it?"
"Got it." They reply in unison.
"Wait", Raven stops them. "What if they're... what if they're dead?" She struggles to ask Kane.
He shakes his head. "That's not an option."
With that, Raven and Wick take off to go look for Monty and Jasper.
~~~~
"Do you see anything? Any sign that they were here?" Wick asks Raven.
"No!" Raven shouts back at him.
Finn would've been good at this. He could've found them. Raven thinks.
"God damnit!" Raven shouts, kicking a large, thick tree.
"You okay?" Wick asks, concerned.
"Yeah, I'm fine, Wick!" She snaps at him.
He stops where he is and walks over to her. "I know something is wrong, Raven. And I'm fine with you not telling me, but if you're not going to tell me what's going on, don't take it out on me! I'm doing the best I can to help you, but I can't help you if you never tell me what's up. So how about you stop being a stubborn baby about it, and stop taking it out on me!" Wick shouts at her.
Raven's face immediately softens as she realizes what he's saying is right.
"We just... we need to keep on looking", she tells him and walks away.
Wick notices what he had just said hurt Raven, and he doesn't want to hurt her. He knows how much she's going through. "Hey", he walks up to her and grabs her arm lightly. "I'm sorry, I was being a jerk. You don't have to tell me."
Raven looks up at him, but immediately looks down.
"No, you... you were right", Raven mumbles under her breath.
Wick's eyebrows immediately raise, really surprised that she just admitted she was wrong. He smiles and kisses her.
"What was that for?" Raven asks.
"Let's just get back to work", Wick says and then winks at her.
She laughs and then gets back to looking for any signs of them.
After a few minutes Raven finally comes across something. She finds a leaf, partially covered in blood.
She calls Wick over to take a look. "It's fresh", he says. "They've gotta be close. Raven and Wick follow a hidden trail of blood and broken tree branches until they finally see something.
There was a grassy clearing in the woods, and in the middle of it was a tall rock. "It's the animal!" Wick whispers.
"But if that's the animal, where's Jasper?" Raven asks, suddenly sounding worried.
"Maybe we should ask it", Wick jokes. Raven gives him a cold stare, warning him that it is not the time to joke around.
"Sorry", Wick says. They split up and hide behind trees, looking for any sign of Jasper and Monty. They both circle the clearing in opposite directions, making sure to be silent. Neither of them find Jasper or Monty. A few minutes later they literally bump into each other.
"Hey! What was that for?" Wick asks. Raven shakes her head at him.
"Did you find any sign of Monty or Jasper?"
"Well, they're not here. But Jasper was definitely here, because there was a blood stain on a rock and it looked like he was there at one point."
"Good. So he was here. Anything else?"
"The animal is dead. It looks like it he stabbed my a sword or something."
"Then why the hell are we whispering?" Raven asks out loud.
Suddenly, Raven and Wick hear a loud crunch coming from behind them. They both immediately turn around to investigate.
They're very quiet as they head towards the source of the noise.
Crunch. They heard it again, this time louder. They were getting close.
Just then, Wick spotted something.
"Jasper!" Wick screams and runs over to him. When Raven and Wick get over to Jasper, they realize that he isn't alone.
"Lincon?" Raven asks. "What are you doing here?"
"I was hunting for your people", he started, " I saw the LenGrui run by, carrying Jasper in its mouth." He paused. "It's vicious, but it hunts for sport. It just captures it's victims and leaves them to die. But I caught up to it, and I stabbed it. When I did, it tightened its jaw into Jasper's leg, before falling to the floor."
"Is he going to be okay?" Raven asked.
"I don't know." Lincon replies.
"Well we need to get him to Abby right away!" Wick says. He picks up Jasper in his arms and him and Raven take off.
"Thank you, Lincon!" They yell back at him before disappearing into the forest.
~~~~
They had been running through the forest for a few minutes now, and Raven was worn out from her leg injury.
"Wick, I think I need a break."
"You know we can't take a break, Raven. We could slow down?"
"Fine." Raven agrees.
They walk for a few more minutes, and they can just see the cave, before Wick stops in his tracks.
"Raven", Wick says with wide eyes. "He's not breathing."
~~~~
MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! How did you like that? ;D I'm so nice to you guys. I know.
So I don't know at what point I started posting Mondays instead of Tuesdays, but just to be clear, I now update every Monday and Friday. It's easier to remember :)
Don't forget to vote if you liked it, and comment if you have any suggestions! LOVE YA ;D
~Brie