Chapter 19

"You're cute!" Abby tells Kane as she snuggles into his bare chest. He laughs and strokes her soft brown hair.
"Hey," he says. "I love you!"
"I love you more!"
"I love you most!"
When Abby looks up from Kane, she finds Jackson standing at the doorway.
"You two are gross!" He says. "You're needed in medical, Abby." She kissed Kane one last time (Jackson made a gagging noise) and gets up.
~~~~
"Alright! That should do it. Just apply pressure to it and watch it for the next few days and you should be fine." Abby tells her patient. They happily get up and limp out of the room.
"How do you think that happened, Jackson?" Abby asks curiously. The patient appeared to have got shot in the leg by some sort of gun, and it knocked them out for a few minutes, but didn't do much harm to them.
"I don't know. I mean, grounders don't use guns. The only people who use guns are-"
Abby cuts him off. "The mountain men!"
"But they're all dead, right?" Jackson asks.
Without saying goodbye, Abby rushes out of medical. She needs to find who did this. She heads up to the front gate, and tries to find any evidence of someone being there. The person who got shot was right outside of their gates. She doesn't see anything at first, but when she looks closer, she sees a trail of flowers (much like the ones Octavia used to follow).
Abby lets herself through the gates, and curiously follows the trail of flowers. One by one, she gets deeper into the woods until the path stops. At the end is a hollowed out log that is standing upright, a note resting on top.
"Emerson," Abby whispers to herself. She quickly looks around and then opens up the note.
Hello, Abby. I know you got my little 'message'. I want you to know that I've been watching you. I've been watching very carefully. And I want to tell you about your poor little Clarke. You must be worrying so much about her. I followed her as she left her notes. She thought she was safe in her new shelter, shivering in a corner talking to herself, face red and sticky with tears. She was so helpless and defenseless I couldn't help but take advantage of her, and take her for myself. She was in such bad condition, I think a fly could've killed her. It gives me joy to see Clarke go this... mad.
Lucky for you, I won't kill her. I much prefer torture. Emotional torture. In her current state of mind, it's so easy to drive her more insane.
So good luck finding her;)
Signed , Emerson.
P.s. Look behind you
Abby's hands are shaking as she slowly turns her head back. The next thing she knows, a sharp bullet shoots into her hip.
Don't let it win! She tells herself. Her vision is blacking out, but she grabs the note and starts running a a fast as she can through the forest.  She sees black dots. She nearly runs into a tree, but she doesn't stop. She runs through the woods at a quick pace, going through the directions in her mind.
Left turn!
Right turn!
Quickly!
Her vision is almost entirely gone, when she makes out the front gates of Camp Jaha. She lunges for the gate, but instead runs straight into a tree and falls to the ground. She takes one last look around before everything goes black.
~~~~
"I just don't understand why-" Kane is cut off during his conversation with Bellamy when he hears a loud crash coming from the woods behind them.
"What was that?" Bellamy asks.
Kane checks the woods behind him, and panics when he sees what is was.
"Abby!" He screams, and him and Bellamy open the front gates and run through them, crouching down next to Abby.
"Abby? Can you hear me?" Kane asks her frantically. Bellamy puts his hand on her neck.
"She has a pulse! Get her to medical!" Bellamy shouts, and they both help carry Abby to medical.
When they get there, they place Abby down on a table. "She's bleeding!" Kane yells, and one of Jackson's assistants come running in.
"What happened?" They ask.
"I-I don't know. We found her outside of the gate."
"Well, it looks like she has the same bullet wound from the patient earlier, which means she should be fine. And she probably got that," he points to the wound on her head, "when she went down. But she should be fine, she just needs some rest for the next few days." Kane lets out a relieved breath, and takes a seat next to Abby.
~~~~
Abby wakes up to see Kane above her, holding her hand. She smiles, but then panic kicks in and she shoots up, sending a sharp pain into her head that causes her to wince.
"Lay back down, Abby. You're okay," Kane tells her.
"No, no the-the note it was, here!" She hands Kane the note, and he reads it over.
When he puts it down, Abby watches his expression. "What happened to her?" He asks almost at a whisper.
"Oh Clarke..." Abby says. "We need to get to her!"
"But we don't even know where she is, and this bump on your head needs a few more days to heal."
Abby was not going to let Clarke get tortured any longer. What could Clarke have done? How could she let herself go like that? She needs Abby right now more than ever, and Abby needs to find her. The woods aren't safe right now though, and who knows how many numbers Emerson has now.
"Abby, it's going to be okay. Clarke can hold on."
Abby grabs Kane's hand, and he leans into her and puts his lips on hers. Their lips move rhythmically, and eventually Kane is laying down next to Abby with one hand stroking her neck and the other on her hip.
"Guys?" Jackson asks, and they realize that they're still in medical.
"Sorry, Jackson!" Abby says, and Kane gets up and leaves.
"You probably shouldn't walk for the next few days, Abby. Get some rest." Jackson walks out.
Knowing Abby, Jackson figured she would try to get up soon. And he was right, because about 5 minutes Jackson heard a loud crash and an "ow" coming from Abby. He retrieves Kane and sends him in, and Kane and Abby come out, Abby in Kane's arms.
"Keep an eye on her!" Jackson tells Kane.
"Will do," and Kane walks off.
~~~~
Kane places Abby on their bed.
"Causing trouble, were we?" He asks with a smirk. She blushes, but then looks up at him.
"Want to cause more?" She asks him, and then she puts her hands around his hips and pulls him into her, trying to start again what happened last night.
"You need to get some rest," Kane says after a few minutes. Abby gives him a pouty face, but he shakes his head. "That's not going to work. Goodnight, Abby!" He bends down to kiss her head, and then walks out the door.
~~~~
Hi guys! So there is the next chapter, I hope you liked it!
And yes, this is an on time update (I think).
How am I doing on the romance writing stuff? I can use all the help I can get, so leave your answer in the comments, vote if you liked it, and I'll see you Friday or earlier! Love ya ;)
~Brie