Chapter 15

When Kane, Bellamy, Abby, and Monty get back to camp, the sun is just setting. Abby checks on Jasper, and he's recovering quickly! He still can't walk very well, but it's better than not being able to walk at all.
The group sets up their tents right outside of the cave. Once everything is set up, Abby and Kane sit next to each other outside of their tent to watch the sun set.
Kane gently puts his arm around Abby, looking deeply into her cinnamon eyes. Abby cuddles into his chest.
"Remember that night, 3 nights after Clarke left? The one when you were really worried?" Kane asks.
"Yeah, I do. I was so worried, but as soon as you started talking to me, all of my worry kind of... went away."
Kane smiles to himself at that, he made her pain go away without even trying! "Did you hear me back then?"
She looks up at him. "What do you mean?" She asks.
"Did you hear me when I whispered I love you in your ear that night?"
She shakes her head and looks back up at the sunset, smiling to herself. "You loved me, even then?"
He nods.
"How long have you loved me, Marcus?"
He thinks about this. "Well, I've always had a feeling for you that I couldn't explain. It wasn't until the day in TonDC, when you found me in that cave... it wasn't until then that I realized I love you."
She leans over and plants a kiss on his cheek, eventually moving over to his lips.
After a few minutes, Abby looks back up at the sky. "So that's why you defended me at mount weather? Because you loved me?"
"Yeah, that's why. I would die for you, Abby." He smiles at her, but then his smile fades to a frown. "Why did you forgive me, Abby?"
She looks up at him.
"I floated your husband, and I almost floated you. I shock lashed you. I killed all of those people..."
Abby puts a finger over his lips. "You've changed, Marcus. You didn't mean to kill those people. You were just trying to save us. I forgave you. I gave you another chance."
Kane looks at her and kisses the top of her head.
"I love you", Abby whispers.
"I love you, too." Kane whispers back.
Abby rests her head on Kane's chest and slowly begins to doze off. "Don't ever leave me", she whispers, almost asleep.
"I wouldn't dream of it", he kisses her head and watches as she falls asleep.
~~~~
Hi guys! Just felt like writing a little fluff, so here you go!!! I might update again tomorrow, still not sure. But I updated twice today so it should be okay if I don't ! Love ya :)
~Brie