Lyra Another One Bites The Dust

LYRA

Without even looking my way, Steven yanked the towel from my hands. It was clear he was angry. I watched as he cleaned himself off with the towel I had given him. After he finished, he sat up and threw his legs off the couch, resting his feet on the floor.

Steven glanced at my naked body, but quickly looked away and shook his head. He then shifted his gaze to the floor before speaking. "You know I care about you, right?" he said in a hurt voice. "Actually, I've grown to love you." He looked up at me with sad eyes as he spoke.

Jace has a unique way of demonstrating his affection, which some might find amusing. His relationship with Vega is a perfect example of love. They are incredibly considerate towards one another, not just in fulfilling their sexual desires. It's a stark contrast to my experience with Steven, who won't even hold a door open for me.

Steven shook his head and winced in sadness before looking back down at the floor. "Lyra, I have made you cum countless times," he said, "and you have done so well to make me cum in your hands, your sweet mouth, and even on your pussy." Running a hand through his hair, he then glanced back up at me.

I can't tell if he's angry or on the verge of tears. The truth is, I feel like a terrible person. I had no clue he was developing feelings for me. I do care about him, but I don't think I'm in love with him. Maybe I'm just scared of being alone, which is why I've been with him for so long. It's been six months, and this is around the time when guys break up with me. I know that's what's going to happen soon if I don't take action. But if I tried to salvage this relationship, would it be for the right reasons?

As I sat next to him on the couch, I couldn't decide to touch him or not. My hands fidgeted in my lap as I glanced back and forth between him and my fingers. "Steven, I care about you," I began, my voice soft. "But I'm not sure if I'm ready to take that step with you yet. We've talked about this before. Losing my virginity is a big deal to me, and I want it to be special. Until now, I didn't feel you were attempting to make it special. I've always felt like your primary goal was just to have sex, and that's not what I'm looking for. But I've tried my best to keep you satisfied," I whispered, my words trailing off into silence.

"Lyra, it's been six months since we started dating. I've taken you out and done everything I can to make you happy, but maybe I could learn a thing or two from Jace. Frankly, I'm not sure what else to do. As a guy, my mind is always on sex, but that's not all there is to a relationship. I just don't know where to go from here." Steven paused, taking a deep breath.

Steven clenched his fists and looked at me with disappointment. "I can't keep doing this anymore," he said. "I shouldn't have to beg you to have sex with me after six months. You're twenty-one years old, for God's sake."

As the famous song goes, "another one bites the dust." I can't help but think about my past relationships and how they all seem to end the same way - with a breakup. Steven is no exception. I know he will break up with me just like the others before him. It always comes down to the same thing - my refusal to give up my virginity. It's like a six-month timer goes off in their heads, and they just can't take it anymore. But I've learned that if they can't wait it out, then they're not the right person for me, anyway. So, I'm happy that I've held onto my virginity and waited for someone who truly respects and cares for me.

Steven reached for his phone in his pants pocket and began booking an Uber. As he got up and started dressing, I realized he wouldn't be staying the night as we had planned. Disappointed, I knew there would be no cuddles, which is what I was hoping for. I shouldn't be surprised, though; it was typical of Steven to only cuddle enough to get me aroused before leaving right after he had an orgasm.