Blaze Full Of Surprises

BLAZE*

As I watched Lyra glide down the aisle, her radiant happiness enveloped me, igniting a fiery warmth within. The floor-length white gown, a symbol of purity, amplified her ethereal beauty and love. She was my angel, my love, my everything. I experienced momentary confusion when Mae appeared in a similar white dress, but Vega's grand entrance in a colossal pink wedding gown dispelled it. The gown could accommodate two of her. It became clear why Lyra and Mae had chosen white gowns. The crowd stood in awe of Vega, but my eyes remained fixated on my angel. Thoughts of the vows I would soon exchange consumed me, wondering how Lyra’s dress would have appeared had Vega’s not been the traditional white. Would it be silver, blue, or perhaps even green? The possibilities were boundless, just like Lyra herself - extraordinary and unconventional, and that’s what captivated my heart.

As I twirled Lyra around the dance floor, the melodic tunes of the band filled the air, enveloping us in a symphony of joy. The vibrant colors of the wedding decorations painted a picturesque scene, making me envision for our own future nuptials. Amidst the celebration, a pang of guilt washed over me for indulging in such thoughts on Vega and Jace’s special day. Nevertheless, my heart brimmed with genuine happiness for the couple, who seemed destined for each other in every aspect.

Tanner’s expression when Mae caught Vega’s bouquet remains etched in my memory. A myriad of emotions flickered across his face - a blend of pure bliss and overwhelming fear. It was evident that his past scars, inflicted by his deceitful ex-girlfriend of nine years, still haunted him, leaving him hesitant to take the plunge again. Mae, however, has proven to be a beacon of hope for him, offering a love he thought he’d never find. Their relationship, though not yet exclusive, has endured for six months, marked by loyalty, as neither of them sought other romantic connections.

Amid the festivities, I realized having a heart-to-heart conversation with Tanner was imminent. Mae is a rare gem, someone he should not let slip through his fingers. The essence of their connection, the potential for a future together, lingers in the air, waiting to be acknowledged.

We went up to the bridal suite so I could assist Lyra in packing up Vega’s dress and gathering the rest of their belongings. Now, we were making our way towards their parents’ house and Lyra began reflecting on the events of the day. “Wasn’t their wedding divine, Blaze? Vega’s wedding dress, despite its pink hue, was stunning. Of course, I’ve seen it several times during our fittings, but seeing her in the dress, all dolled up, was something special.” 

Reaching over, I clutched Lyra’s hand, grinning as I kept my eyes on the road. “Yes, Vega and Jace’s wedding was fantastic. But I couldn’t keep my eyes off of my angel for a minute. My thoughts kept drifting to our wedding and how I wish we could elope. I’m ready for us to claim each other in every way. A month and a half to be married, to call you my wife, seems too long. After today’s momentous events.”

“It's impossible for us to elope due to how your mom and my parents would react. I’m good at getting my way, but this time it wouldn’t go over well with either sets of our parents. I don’t want your mother to hate me. Besides, we already have everything set for our wedding, except for Vega and Mae, who still need to purchase dresses. Luckily, the tailor has finished and prepared my wedding dress for wearing. Everything else is ready to go, thanks to the wonderful perk of having the venue in our own backyard. Although the vineyard was stunning, it’s just not my scene. Vega has always criticized me for being so plain.”

“Lyra, are you sure you’d want to have our wedding sooner? I mean, I understand how much effort and thought a woman puts into her wedding day, and I wouldn’t want to take anything away from you.” 

Lyra’s shoulders shrugged as she gazed through her sparkling emerald eyes. “Does it matter? As long as Vega and our immediate families are there, synchronizing our wedding is insignificant to me. I’m ready to jump on that bandwagon right now. Plus, the venue is in our own backyard. Why not get married whenever we want? The only potential issue we might face is finding a preacher, but nowadays, it’s easy for anyone to obtain a certificate online. I’m just suggesting that we gather everything and tie the knot in a couple of weeks.”