Babies Babies Babies

LYRA*

“Alright, you two. This is your last chance to back out before I take your implant out? Once out, you are fertile and could become pregnant soon afterward?” Dr. Stevenson asked Blaze and me just before removing the Nexplanon. Blaze and I glanced lovingly at each other and nodded in agreement. Then she extracted the implant from my arm.

“You can start trying for a baby once you arrive home, if you’d like. There are also ovulation tests you can get over the counter that will tell you when you are ovulating.”

“I think we prefer being surprised and letting things happen on their own,” Blaze said, and I nodded in agreement with him.

“Alright then. Good luck to you both. Hopefully, I’ll see you back here in a couple of months, with a baby on the way,” Dr. Stevenson said as I hopped down from the bed and we made our way out of the door.

***

Blaze and I didn’t have time to try for a baby right away because my appointment was on Thursday during lunch for Blaze and a period break for me from school. Unfortunately, Blaze had to get back to work, and I had gone back to school.

It’s now Friday night, and Blaze has taken me out to a fancy Italian restaurant. It has been over a month since we had a date night because of all the crazy wedding preparations. Our wedding night was the first time we made love in over a month, so I couldn’t fault him for getting over-excited that early evening after our wedding. It didn’t take long for me to climax right along with him. Anyway, tonight Blaze wanted to make it memorable. He was spoiling me rotten with some fantastic Italian food. Tonight could very well be the night we make a baby together. Vega and Jace have gone on a weekend retreat in Ruidoso to relax and get away from everything, so Blaze and I would have the house to ourselves for the weekend.

“Do I need to request more wine, beautiful?”

I grinned and nodded my head. “Sure, but just a glass full would be fine. I don’t think another bottle would be necessary.”

“Whatever your heart desires, my precious,” Blaze said as he flagged our waiter at the table.

***

Once we arrived home, Blaze scooped me up bridal style and carried me up the stairs.

“Where are we going? Our room is downstairs?” I squealed.

“Shhh. You’ll see, it’s a surprise,” Blaze said as he stopped and kissed me on the forehead and then continued up the stairs.

Blaze kicked the door open, allowing us to enter the room. As I looked around, I couldn’t help but feel amazed. Blaze had taken the lights that he used to decorate the gazebo on the night he proposed and hung them all around the room. Scattered rose petals adorned the bed and every corner of the room. It was a scene that seemed too extraordinary to happen in real life, but Blaze never fails to go above and beyond for me.

“I wanted to bring you back to where it all began. It might have started as a dream, but that dream brought us together. I will forever be grateful to God for bringing you to me. I love you, Lyra Cunningham, and I wanted our first time trying for a baby to be here,” Blaze explained as he laid me down on the bed and started taking off my shoes and clothes.

I rose from the bed, grinning from ear to ear, embraced him and he pulled me closer, wrapping his arms around me. “Blaze, this is all so wonderful. Never stop being extraordinary because you are. I would feel lost without you. I love you so much.”

Blaze kissed me passionately and then placed his hands behind my thighs, lifting me up to straddle him. With a swift motion, he turned us around and pressed me against the wall. “I won’t stop this time, love. I’m going to take care of you,” Blaze whispered as our lips collided. As we kissed with hunger, I could feel him positioning himself at my entrance. In one smooth movement, his member entered me completely, hitting my center just right and causing me to gasp with pleasure.