Oh How God Loves Us

Warning ⚠️ This chapter contains depictions of the Christian religion. I do not wish to upset anyone. So I thought I would make everyone aware before reading. If you wish not to read this chapter do to the fact. I will completely understand. In fact you won't be missing out on any major plots unfolding in the book. That being said enjoy your reading. Hugs 🤗 Sapphirian J 🥰

BLAZE*

Vega and Jace glanced at each other with hope in their eyes, and they both looked back at me.

"Blaze, I hope you're right, because nothing would make me happier than seeing both you and Lyra happy. You're like a brother to me. Relationships have always made me hesitant, especially after witnessing the pain you and Tanner went through. And what my mom did to my dad. Everything changed when I met Vega. She's been the best thing that has ever happened to me. Lyra is such an incredible girl, and she feels like the sister I've never had. It pains me to know that someone has hurt her as well."

Vega voices her opinion, which coincides with Jace's words with a few differences since she is speaking of her sister and smiles. Then Jace checks his cellphone for the time.

"We're going to need to clean up when we get home. Or we'll be late. We should go. Church starts in ten minutes."

He saw my face as I glanced at the kitchen and the mess on the table.

"It's alright. Vega and I will clean up when we get home. For now, we've got to go."

"Alright, Jace. Let's go in my truck. I'll help clean up once we get back."

"Sounds good to me," they both said in unison.

It's weird, but okay, I'll go with it. The thing is, I always thought that was something only twins did. You know, like Conner and Wade, they've always had this thing going on. They're twins, just like my dad and Conner and Wades' dad. It's a family thing. But here's the strange part: these two aren't twins. So, yeah, it's weird.

Vega grabbed her purse from the table, where it had been lying. After turning on the house alarm, we all exited. She locked up and shut the door, and together we made our way to my truck. With Jace's assistance, Vega got into the truck as I started the engine. Jace then joined me up front on the passenger side and fastened his seat belt.

"So, where are we headed, Jace?"

"Go up the block and turn left. Go down a couple of blocks, then turn right, and we will be there."

"Alrighty, sounds easy."

As soon as I pulled onto the road, I couldn't help but feel a sense of urgency. The thought of being late to the church scared me. Luckily, it only took us three minutes to arrive, and to my relief, we arrived with a few minutes to spare. Perhaps it was because the church was so close to Vega and Lyra's house.

From the outside, the church was beautiful. It even had a playground at the back, meant for children. Exiting my truck, we all gathered and headed towards the entrance. To our surprise, there were two entrances, each with two greeters welcoming people as they walked in. It was a heartwarming gesture, one that both Jace, Vega, and I appreciated.

Upon entering, we received a warm reception from the people. People approached us, extending their hands for a handshake and introducing themselves. We reciprocated with equal enthusiasm. Soon after, a couple whom we had built a home for spotted us and made their way over. They couldn't contain their excitement as they gushed about their new home and how much they loved it. Grateful for their kind words, they graciously guided us to the main room.

Rows of plush velvet chairs, their rich burgundy color adding a touch of elegance to the room, stretched out before us. The couple, who we had built the home for, invited us to join them. As we followed their lead, the soft cushioning of the seats embraced us, offering comfort. On the stage, a talented band filled the air with soul-stirring worship music, creating an atmosphere of relaxation and tranquility. I half-expected to hear the gentle melodies of a piano and the harmonious voices of a choir, like scenes from a movie. But that wasn't the case here. Surrounded by such beauty and serenity, I grew accustomed to this newfound bliss.