(1) "Brothers"

(Note: Before reading this book, be aware of the sometimes foul languages and promiscuity of the characters)

Songs for this chapter:

"Cool Kids" by Echosmith

-

It was one the same sunny mornings of summer in the small of town of Wright, Brad and his best friend Tristan were out in the beach soaking up the sunlight. "Do you think Tricia likes me?" the blonde haired boy asked the curly one. "She'll hump you when she gets you alone" Brad teased and Tris playfully pushed him. Brad knew that Tricia would kill for Tris, that's how obsessed she is for his friend.

"Just look at the picture brother, you and Tricia frolicking on the beach naked. Then you fuck her on the water"

"Fuck you that would hurt" Tris replied and Brad let out a big laugh. Tris then got up and started running towards the other side where their other friends are. Brad followed suit and it only took them a couple minutes to rejoin the others.

"So who's the top? who's the bottom?" Alexis, their overly-sexual friend asked. Brad only proceeded to kiss her in front of the others. Much to the dismay of Victoria, the girl who's been crushing on him for forever.

"Ugh, can't we just cook this and eat lunch?" he asked and so everyone started helping her.

——

After their lunch, Tris moved away from his friends to smoke. He sat down under the trees and brought out his phone, opting to call Tricia. A few tries and it's still unattended.

"You know she's not that worth it"

Startled, he turned around and saw Hazel. "I'm sorry I startled you" the raven beauty said. "It's alright" Tris replied and smiled at her. He then offered her a stick of cigarette but she politely declined.

"You know I don't smoke"

"I just tried" he said and she giggled at him. The this is, Tristan has always been a charmer like his brother-from-another-mother Brad. He's just more quiet and reserved than him. That's why a fair mist of mystery surrounds his personality.

"You know that there's a bonfire tonight right?" she asked.

"Yes"

"You going with Tricia?"

"If she comes"

"What if she doesn't?"

"Then I'll still go"

"Great" she replied and walked away from him. Tris just sighed, deep down he knows he likes Hazel, but thinks he would only be bad for her. Suddenly, his phone started ringing, it's Tricia.