(16) "Bro Code"

Brad went to school the next morning with a pretty kept embarrassed feeling about his dream with Tristan the other night and vowed that no one not even Tris can know about it. Thankfully, last night was a break and he didn't dream at all. But despite that, Brad is still stressed. What if his sexual preference actually changed , and now he's into guys and not girls.

 "Is everything alright" Brad almost jumped out, he just looked behind and saw Connor standing behind him. "You scared the crap out of me" he said to the younger lad. "I'm sorry. I just have to ask one thing" Connor replied.

 "What is it?"

 "Are you and Tristan good?"

 "What do you mean?"

 "you're not good at denying Brad. I can clearly see the rift between you and Tristan. The last time that I saw the two of you hang out together is at his birthday party. Ever since then, you started including me or James or all of us"

 "I don't know what you're talking about" the curly haired boy said as he closed his locker and walked away.  Brad's heart started beating fast, for the first time in a long time he's genuinely scared. His friends are starting to take notice, this is not good at all.

 "Hey Brad!" he looked to his side and saw Victoria calling out his name. Instead of approaching her, he walked away. He needs to get away from them for now. He can't deal with any of them. Absolutely any of them.

----

Tristan intends to spend the rest of the break time sitting at the benches on the side of the field. He needs to think clearly about a lot of things. What if he fell in love with Brad for a long time and he did not just realize it right away?, not until that night happened?.

 "Really? Why him?" he asked himself over and over again. The thing is, it's starting to sink into him. Maybe he really loves Brad, he's just scared it would change everything. But it's too late, they're drifting apart.

 "You have to do something, you can't let this ruin you" he told himself. Tris then looked to his side and noticed Brett walking towards him. And last night's sighting came back to his mind. Brett sat beside Tris and asked him what he exactly saw.

 "You're just getting cozy with a guy, none of my business"

 "I think it is, because  saw you doing the same" he replied, pertaining to the time when he caught Brad and I kissing.

"That was a mistake, it never happened again"

 "That doesn't matter. Now it's my turn to ask you a favor"

 "If it's keep last night a secret then that's alright. I will keep it"

 "What? Why? I've done nothing but be mean to you" Brett answered, a bit shocked.

 "Because as much threats you made towards me, you never spilled the beans to anyone else. Don't worry Brett, I'm gonna keep your secret" Tris replied and smiled. He's even surprised that he and Brett are getting along. Maybe because he knows deep inside, that they're sharing the same problem.

 "Thank you" Brett answered and smiled at Tris.

 "How did you find out?"

 "Find out what?" Brett asked.

 "That you're .. you know?"

 "Bisexual?"

 "You're bisexual?"

 "Tris, I am. Remember Lisa and Jean?"

 "Oh alright. So when .. and how?"

 "Actually I realized that I am a couple of years ago. I was 11 I think. You know those summer camps we used to attend to?"